Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Migrate from Windows to Linux  (Read 1614 times)

JPNARF

• Coppermine novice
Migrate from Windows to Linux
« on: July 19, 2021, 10:54:43 pm »

Hi All,
I can migrate it successfully but the problem is with files in albums directory.

From Windows to Linux, looks like Linux doesnt like the archives.... and Coppermine show as can't find the files.

Is there any way to do this ?

Regards!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Migrate from Windows to Linux
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 07:59:32 pm »

Very hard to understand what you mean from the very little information you have given. Some examples would be helpful.

Be aware, that Windows is not case sensitive where file names are concerned, Linux is case sensitive. So for example, on Linux you could have two files, one called test.jpg and one called Test.jpg and they would be seen as different files. On Windows those two would end up as one file. There are also different restricted characters in Windows vs Linux files.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

JPNARF

• Coppermine novice
Re: Migrate from Windows to Linux
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 02:28:21 pm »

Very hard to understand what you mean from the very little information you have given. Some examples would be helpful.

Be aware, that Windows is not case sensitive where file names are concerned, Linux is case sensitive. So for example, on Linux you could have two files, one called test.jpg and one called Test.jpg and they would be seen as different files. On Windows those two would end up as one file. There are also different restricted characters in Windows vs Linux files.

Yes, sorry! hehe
It was an issue with SElinux , i make it permissive and now I can see the files!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.