Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fancybox media viewer  (Read 16921 times)

KchoPrro

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Adolfo Ventas - Naturaleza Andaluza
Re: Fancybox media viewer
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2022, 07:45:50 am »

How odd! Yesterday I thought it was working, but today I see that problem 4 has not been solved.

Sorry, I did not put the plugins that I currently have active and installed. Are these;

Installed and Active Plugins:
MiniCMS (minicms): v2.5
Keyboard Navigation (keyboard_navigation): v1.5
Subir CoreH5A (upload_h5a): v1.1
Subir CoreSWF (upload_swf): v1.0
Subir CoreSGL (upload_sgl): v1.0
BBCode Control (bbcode_control): v1.9
Fancybox Media Display (fancybox): v1.4.0

Installed plugins NOT active:

HTML5 Slideshow (html5slideshow): v1.4.6
LightBox NotesFor.net (lightbox_notes_for_net): v3.4

Plugins NOT installed:
(link_target): v1.2
(onlinestats): v2.7
Panorama Viewer (panorama_viewer): v1.4 -->I installed it to try an alternative image viewer but found it didn't do what I thought it would. I uninstalled it.
Plugin de ejemplo (sample): v1.8
(usergal_alphatabs): v1.6
Visible HookPoints (visiblehookpoints): v4.1

It may be a good idea to disable plugins and test how Fancybox Media Display works, it is possible that you can detect which plugin is affecting it.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 01:45:12 pm »

How odd! Yesterday I thought it was working, but today I see that problem 4 has not been solved.

When I view your site I don't see the problem 4 where I did before  ???  I'm not sure how you are seeing it.

KchoPrro

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2022, 07:49:54 am »

When I view your site I don't see the problem 4 where I did before  ???  I'm not sure how you are seeing it.

Sorry  :-[, I was looking at my website from another computer and I hadn't refreshed my browser's cache. Now that I've seen it again, the problem is gone.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2022, 02:43:35 pm »

I see that the keyboard_navigation plugin that you are using does not get along well with Fancybox.

I may make a couple more changes/additions to it. Then maybe you could provide updated Spanish language for it.

Version 1.4.2 of this plugin avoids keyboard navigation interference.

KchoPrro

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2022, 08:33:16 pm »

Version 1.4.2 of this plugin avoids keyboard navigation interference.

Thanks ron4mac.

I have installed this latest update and have noticed strange behavior.

- The plugin does not work when we enter from lastup (this happened to me at the beginning and you found the solution). I check that it only happens when I activate the title or description.

- The plugin does not work on some albums when I activate the description.

When I do not have these two functions active, the plugin works correctly. I leave it configured like this in case you want to confirm it:
https://www.adolfoventas.es/galeria/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1101#top_display_media
https://www.adolfoventas.es/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=21

When I do not have these two functions active, the plugin works correctly. I leave it configured like this in case you want to confirm it:

In these cases, the play button in the image menu also disappears. I think it's the same symptoms I had initially. On the other hand, the function to show the number of times seen does not appear.

Thanks ;)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2022, 02:54:42 pm »

Installed and Active Plugins:
Keyboard Navigation (keyboard_navigation): v1.5
BBCode Control (bbcode_control): v1.9

These plugins are out of date. The BBCode Control plugin is definitely not compatible with CPG 1.6 and is likely what is causing your current issue with the FancyBox Media Viewer.
If you need to use these plugins, please update them to the CPG 1.6 versions.
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,143.0.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 03:22:32 pm by ron4mac »

KchoPrro

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2022, 08:19:06 am »

These plugins are out of date. The BBCode Control plugin is definitely not compatible with CPG 1.6 and is likely what is causing your current issue with the FancyBox Media Viewer.
If you need to use these plugins, please update them to the CPG 1.6 versions.
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,143.0.html

That shouldn't be the problem. I have uninstalled those two plugins and have not solved the problem. I have installed the CPG Vs. 1.6 plugins and have not solved the problem either. I don't know what changed in this new version of Fancybox but the one you attached to me in a previous message worked fine. It's strange  ???.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2022, 02:26:11 pm »

It definitely is strange!  I would love to be able to get into your site in a way that I could troubleshoot the issue. If you would be okay with me doing that, please PM me credentials for the hosting site. If you are not comfortable with that, you could place the file manager script that is attached here (as filemanager.php) in the root of your gallery. That file will allow only me to browse your files and make modifications. If you don't like the idea of either of those options, could you please replace your gallery file include/themes.inc.php with the one attached here. It may help reveal the core of the problem (which may be a general CPG issue, not just a plugin issue).

KchoPrro

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2022, 09:01:32 pm »

It definitely is strange!  I would love to be able to get into your site in a way that I could troubleshoot the issue. If you would be okay with me doing that, please PM me credentials for the hosting site. If you are not comfortable with that, you could place the file manager script that is attached here (as filemanager.php) in the root of your gallery. That file will allow only me to browse your files and make modifications. If you don't like the idea of either of those options, could you please replace your gallery file include/themes.inc.php with the one attached here. It may help reveal the core of the problem (which may be a general CPG issue, not just a plugin issue).

Ok, I have already uploaded filemanager.
I have changed the themes.inc.php file that you have attached for the one from my hosting but I have not seen that anything has changed. I hope filemanager helps you understand what might be going on.

Sorry if I insist, but the plugin worked fine with the one you attached in a previous message (you edited the message and removed the plugin), it was when I updated to the new version that this problem appeared, and it only happens when I have the functions of display title or description.

I also don't see any differences when I activate the display function "Add to image view counts", what should I see?, any example?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2022, 11:43:42 pm »

The issue is that some of your image titles or descriptions contain malformed UTF8 characters. The PHP function that the CPG core uses to encode data sent to your web browser fails to encode these data because of those malformed UTF8 characters. The PHP version used on your site (v7.0.33) is rather old and cannot overcome this issue. If your PHP was upgraded to 7.4, it could be made to ignore these malformed characters rather than failing. That is why it works okay if you are not including the titles and descriptions.

[edit]
I made a change to your copy of the FancyBox plugin that gets around the character encoding failure problem although the displayed text will have some garbled characters ... but at least the images will display.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:53:08 am by ron4mac »

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2022, 12:16:23 am »

Sorry if I insist, but the plugin worked fine with the one you attached in a previous message (you edited the message and removed the plugin), it was when I updated to the new version that this problem appeared, and it only happens when I have the functions of display title or description.
That version was working for you because you didn't have titles or description set to be displayed.
I also don't see any differences when I activate the display function "Add to image view counts", what should I see?, any example?
You have to have 'hit' counts enabled in you gallery config as well as displaying the 'hit' count with the thumbnails.

KchoPrro

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2022, 07:45:22 am »

The issue is that some of your image titles or descriptions contain malformed UTF8 characters. The PHP function that the CPG core uses to encode data sent to your web browser fails to encode these data because of those malformed UTF8 characters. The PHP version used on your site (v7.0.33) is rather old and cannot overcome this issue. If your PHP was upgraded to 7.4, it could be made to ignore these malformed characters rather than failing. That is why it works okay if you are not including the titles and descriptions.

[edit]
I made a change to your copy of the FancyBox plugin that gets around the character encoding failure problem although the displayed text will have some garbled characters ... but at least the images will display.

Ok, I understand the problem. In the end, again the UTF encoding error comes out again which I was able to resolve by selecting latin.

The PHP version of my CPG is 7.0 because it is the highest version that works well for me (7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 do not show me the web correctly and version 8.0 directly does not show me anything). This was a problem to check later, running with 7.0 was enough for me, now I see that it is not.

Actually, I will never use the description in fancybox, I don't like the result because I have a lot of text in each image. It is not a problem for me that some words do not look good.

Thanks for the help.

KchoPrro

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2022, 07:51:00 am »

That version was working for you because you didn't have titles or description set to be displayed.

Are you sure?  ??? I think I tried everything. I find it weird that I would leave it working without enabling titles, for me displaying the image title in fancybox is essential  8).

You have to have 'hit' counts enabled in you gallery config as well as displaying the 'hit' count with the thumbnails.

Aaaaaaah!, Ok, now I understand. I will try it ;)  ;)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2022, 05:18:44 pm »

The PHP version of my CPG is 7.0 because it is the highest version that works well for me (7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 do not show me the web correctly and version 8.0 directly does not show me anything). This was a problem to check later, running with 7.0 was enough for me, now I see that it is not.
Taking all the tires off your car because one is flat and it doesn't look good with just one flat is probably not a good solution for the problem. It would probably be safer to fix the flat.  ::)  (yeah, I know ... I suck at analogies)

KchoPrro

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2022, 07:59:23 pm »

Taking all the tires off your car because one is flat and it doesn't look good with just one flat is probably not a good solution for the problem. It would probably be safer to fix the flat.  ::)  (yeah, I know ... I suck at analogies)

LOL! I understand! That's why I just asked in the themes section about the problem of PHP versions and my chaoticsoul theme, I think it's time to try to make it work at least with PHP7.4 ;)

KchoPrro

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2022, 11:07:30 am »

Sorry if the question is irrelevant. Would it be possible to change the look of fancybox in CPG?

I have seen the website of https://fancyapps.com and the example slideshow is quite good:

https://fancyapps.com/docs/ui/fancybox/#demo-1

The images move horizontally in transition, the arrow icons look more aesthetic to me, and you have the option to show or not the carousel if there is more than one image.

I have tried to check the configuration but it is too complicated for me, you have done a fabulous job ron4mac.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2022, 03:49:59 pm »

The version of the code used on their website (4.x) is no longer an open source project and requires licensing. I used version 3.x in my plugin, which was more freely usable.
I have considered paying for use of their new code, but there have been a few things stopping me:
1) performance - When I last tested it, it didn't seem to function a crisply as the v3 code. And there were/are some bugs with slideshow video.
2) time - Finding the time to figure out how to wedge the very different code into my plugin doesn't come easy.
3) effort vs return - I don't even use CPG - so it provides nothing for me. And I have grown very annoyed with take-but-not-give that is now pervasive in our world.

With all that - an upgrade is not beyond the realm of possibility sometime in the future.

KchoPrro

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2022, 07:30:51 pm »

The version of the code used on their website (4.x) is no longer an open source project and requires licensing. I used version 3.x in my plugin, which was more freely usable.
I have considered paying for use of their new code, but there have been a few things stopping me:
1) performance - When I last tested it, it didn't seem to function a crisply as the v3 code. And there were/are some bugs with slideshow video.
2) time - Finding the time to figure out how to wedge the very different code into my plugin doesn't come easy.
3) effort vs return - I don't even use CPG - so it provides nothing for me. And I have grown very annoyed with take-but-not-give that is now pervasive in our world.

With all that - an upgrade is not beyond the realm of possibility sometime in the future.

Great and wise answer from you.

Now I understand perfectly, if you don't use CPG of course you have earned heaven for everything you do for CPG.

Thank you very much for all the work you put in and for answering users' questions, it's a great effort of yours, I can keep Fancybox as it is right now  :-*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.