Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cookie type and content (cpg15x_data)  (Read 1871 times)

littbarski

• Coppermine regular visitor
cookie type and content (cpg15x_data)
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:04:33 am »

Hello,

as I just said in the other cookie topic, I only would like to start here another cookie topic as I did not find the answer also after searching in the forum.
For privacy reasons we need a cookie consent for some type of cookies. I am not a developer and not a lawyer, but I read about this a little bit.

In my gallery the browser only displays one cookie all in all for Coppermine: cpg15x_data

What I would like to know is:
- is this a "technical" cookie only necessary for the site functions?
- what is stored in the cookie, can I look it up somewhere?

I don't have any users in my gallery, no rating options, passwords, favourites - it only displays images. But I want to be sure to make everything correct :).

thank you!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cookie type and content (cpg15x_data)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 03:21:35 pm »

The CPG cookie is for technical reasons only. It remembers that there is a valid login to the gallery. It contains a hash value that is useless unless there is also access to the gallery database.

littbarski

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: cookie type and content (cpg15x_data)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 05:46:35 pm »

Thank you very much, great to know and get an answer from you. To be sure I understood it about the "acces to the database": So if a gallery visitor has no user and no login, the cookie content is not relevant, only if (for example myself as admin) has a user and login?

I never understood how I can see what a cookie is used for or what it contains, as in Chrome for example (when I look there for a website) the cookie content is always only a long string, no text or data, but as said I don't know much about it :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.