Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My ISP turned form safe mode OFF to safe mode ON  (Read 3371 times)

thoeri

• Coppermine newbie
My ISP turned form safe mode OFF to safe mode ON
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:09:02 pm »

Hi everyone,

I installed my gallery when my provider had Safe Mode OFF. Now they switched to Safe Mode ON and my gallery doesn't work anymore. When I try to upload a picture it get an error message saying Safe Mode Restriction in effect. I know that CM works fine with Safe Mode ON since I tried it before. I guess this problem comes from the fact that in was installed with SM Off and that is stored somewhere within the program.  But what do I do now? Do I have to re-install the whole gallery or is there a setting to change somewhere?

Please help,
Thoeri

Nibbler

thoeri

• Coppermine newbie
Re: My ISP turned form safe mode OFF to safe mode ON
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:40:55 pm »

No, no ,no

My Safe Mode is not misconfigured. First I had the ISP Safe Mode On. CM worked lika a charm. Then I asked them to turn it off, because I wanted to install a forum program called SMF that needed Safe mode off.  At that time I re-installed Coppermine. Then I didn't like SMF so I switched to phpBB which works fine with Safe Mode On. So I asked the ISP to activate Safe Mode On again, because I like the safety of it. The ISP asked me to check if CM worked after that. They told me that it happens that the program installed during Safe Mode off won't work when they Switch to Safe Mode on.

So my question again, do I have to re-install Cm or can I change a setting somewhere?

Regards,
Thoeri

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 09:43:22 pm »

Re-installing won't change anything. I have told you the only safe mode related setting that exists.

thoeri

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 09:50:45 pm »

Well,

I did what you suggested, or rather, what is says in the dokumentation. But that doesn't change a thing. I had it working before with Safe Mode On. The I reinstalled it when Safe Mode was Off, also worked fine. Then I told the ISP to set Safe Mode On agin and after that it doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Regards,
Thoeri
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.