Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated to CPG 1.6.10 and Google Adsense Ads no longer display  (Read 5385 times)

PinkRoseChristina

• Coppermine newbie
    • MikePosner.net
Updated to CPG 1.6.10 and Google Adsense Ads no longer display
« on: February 23, 2021, 02:26:55 am »

I upgraded two photo galleries sometime in late January to CPG 1.6.10. I believe it's possible that something has prevented Google Adsense Ads to appear and display (I only had one Ad coding on each gallery). I noticed in early Feb (around the 1st or 2nd) that both photo galleries had the page gap where the Google Ad had always displayed. It stayed blank for a week. I have since removed the Google Adsense coding about 2 weeks ago. So, now I'm wondering if I need to change something within config or try some other tweak to bring back my Google Ads. Please let me know. I never thought, until now, that maybe the Google Ads stopped because I updated CPG. I believe my previous CPG version was 1.6.09, and I haven't tried rolling back to the previous CPG version to see if that brings back the Ads. My Google Adsense Ads still work on both of my WordPress websites without any issues. I've never had issues with Google Ads prior to this upgrade.

My galleries are located at mikeposner.net/gallery and gabbybarrett.net/gallery. Please let me know if I should add back my Google Adsnese Ad coding to both galleries if that would help you determine the possible issue.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Updated to CPG 1.6.10 and Google Adsense Ads no longer display
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:43:22 am »

It would be fairly impossible to determine why something isn't working if you can't even see the thing that is not working. Yes ... please replace the code that you thinks should work but you think is not working.

PinkRoseChristina

• Coppermine newbie
    • MikePosner.net
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 04:12:55 am »

Sorry about that. I readded the same Google Adsense Ad coding back to each gallery within the template.html. Same Ad code that worked on each gallery up until January 31 (around that date). Each Ad coding is the same ones I use on each WordPress website for the last 2.5 years on gabbybarrett.net/gallery and the other older website mikeposner.net/gallery I don't recall how many years. I've never had a problem with the Google Ads appearing on the Galleries until this month. Thank you. I appreciate the help.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 05:06:35 am »

It would seem that there is a javascript conflict between some google ads code and the CPG/js/scripts.js file.  That file has been essentially the same for years so something must have changed with the google javascript.

Replace ../js/scripts.js with the one attached here (unzipped) to see if that helps.

PinkRoseChristina

• Coppermine newbie
    • MikePosner.net
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:36:12 am »

WOW!!! Thank you so very much! IT WORKED! Whatever you did or changed, it worked! I appreciate the help. I will inform others about this and provide them with this scripts.js file. I know at least one other in my fansite community forum that has noticed the Google Ads not working on her photo gallery. I will pass this on to her and anyone that needs this.  ;) :D

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 01:25:20 pm »

I'll apply a patch for the issue to the next (1.6.11) release of CPG.

FrA1l3

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • ACMSB
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 02:35:24 pm »

Hello!

For what it's worth, I had the google adsense javascript directly inserted in the code and it worked great. Now with the migration to 1.6.11 I removed it because I was not interested in continuing with advertising, but we have been working well in all the versions of 1.16 that I have tried, which must have been almost all or all.

juliafoxxy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 02:21:04 pm »

It would seem that there is a javascript conflict between some google ads code and the CPG/js/scripts.js file.  That file has been essentially the same for years so something must have changed with the google javascript.

Replace ../js/scripts.js with the one attached here (unzipped) to see if that helps.

You saved my life. Thank you very much.  :o  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.