Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Option to deactivate cookies in database (privacy)  (Read 1727 times)

littbarski

• Coppermine regular visitor
Option to deactivate cookies in database (privacy)
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:07:01 pm »

Hello,

I just asked again in the German forum about an old topic. But I just had a new idea which I did not have before, and perhaps this is the solution for my DSGVO (privacy policy in Europe) question.

Here is my other topic:
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79765.20.html

Here is the solution for my error there:
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79419.msg385099.html#msg385099

"Fixed by changing 1 to 0 in cookies_need_consent in cpg_config table in Coppermine's database"

What I now thought: couldn't I just put the cookies_need_consent manually to 1 ("on"), but not using the cookie consent plugin at all? what would Coppermine do then? Would it not set any cookies at all, when I chose "1" in the database? So I can't login as an admin anymore, sure, but I could set the option above in the database manually to "0" back, when I have to login as an admin and after that set it back to "1".

Of course this is not a perfect solution, and only for those who don't use many functions. For example, I don't have any users, favorites, ratings and so on. My gallery only displays and I am the only user (admin). 

What do you think? And especially: does Coppermine really not set any cookie when this is made to "1", and does it also work without the plugin installed? (or haveing it uninstalled as in my case).

Thank you.

littbarski

Re: Option to deactivate cookies in database (privacy)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 04:11:03 pm »

Is anything from the Coppermine software or database speaking against the (ok, very manual) way of tuning off cookies the way as I described above?
I am not a developer and also don't know anything about Cookies. So I wonder if my idea really works in the way that all cookies are deactivated then, and if I (as long as I know my database password...) just turn on and off this value just like a config option of cookies?

littbarski

Re: Option to deactivate cookies in database (privacy)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 11:00:15 am »

...after a while I have to update this and say, that I can't find the mentioned database option (cookies_need_consent) in my database anymore. Probably it was deleted some time after deleting the plugin, but I am not a developer, so I don't know. But after all my idea does not work :). But perhaps the cookie has not the content I thought about, but this I will just start in another topic so that everybody interested in the cookie can read it better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.