Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error  (Read 1765 times)

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
Critical Error
« on: January 13, 2021, 05:07:51 pm »

I've encountered an issue on my gallery there: http://tamara-braun.com/gallery and is running the current stable version 1.6.09. This problem just came up as I uploaded the images on January 4, 2021 and hadn't updated till today. I found all the thumbnails, intermediate, and full sized images not there. When I ran the admin tools to recreate the images, I got errors. When I tried to delete via the files manager, I found I couldn't. I'm including the following three screencaptures. The images were there the other day, and I just uploaded another album and images and they're there. Not sure what happened. Thanks to anyone who can help.

NWN
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Critical Error
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 07:56:53 pm »

Use an ftp app of via command line and see if the directory exists, and if it does check its permissions. It could be that the files exist but the permissions for the directory and wrong not allowing the script to read or write to them
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nowordneeded

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:03:28 pm »

Phill:

The directory exists. The files are there I can see them. The permissions are set to 775 like all the others are. The four albums I just uploaded are set to the same. I'm including a screenshot of my Filezilla panel.

NWN

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:00:51 pm »

You will also need to check the ownerships and group permissions. Not sure FileZilla can do that, bee a while since I used it. Check both the files and the folder above as those permissions cascade.

nowordneeded

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03:16 pm »

Phill:

Folders are cmodded to 775. Files in the folders are modded to 644. It's that way all over the gallery. I can change permissions in Filezilla as well as on my cpanel. But both are modded correctly as the four albums I uploaded after are showing.

NWN

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:47 pm »

Chmod and Chown are different things. Look up CHOWN and what it means.

I am only on a phone today and it is hard to check your file names etc and almost impossible to browse to anything so it is hard for me to check some stuff.

nowordneeded

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 11:11:07 pm »

Phill:

Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean by "chown". I did search and it has something to do with Linux, but what to do beyond searching is beyond me and my pay grade. I'll wait till you or someone else can guide me further on this. When you can. Thanks.

NWN

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 12:49:18 am »

Not complicated really. Here is the simple way to check without using command line

Install WinSCP - https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

Put in the same credentials you use for FileZilla.

In right pane of WinSCP browse to the required folder. First go to a folder you know that works. Right click on it and click permissions. You will see a section called group and owner. See what they are. Hen go to the folder that does not work and check to see if they are the same. Check the root folder of the tree and if it is different you and simply use the drop downs in the group and owner sections to set it to what it should be. If you also look at the bottom of the dialogue you will also see a set recursive check box. You can tick this and it will set all the files and folders below that one to the same settings.

If you still struggle then I can take a look tomorrow but would need your credentials to do so.

nowordneeded

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 03:12:17 am »

Phill:

I solved the problem. I went into the database via phpmyadmin and deleted all photos from the album. I then deleted all images from the ftp file, then reuploaded them via ftp then re-added them to the album. That was the only solution I could come up with. I should say that tool will be useful when it comes to possible issues up the road, but everything was correct in permissions. I'm not sure what happened to make them drop out, but that's all I could do to correct the issue. The only thing I'm a bit mad about is I wanted the albums in that category in order of upload date. If you have a solution to help that, I'd be very appreciative.

NWN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.