Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden album  (Read 2873 times)

FarmLife

• Coppermine newbie
Hidden album
« on: January 12, 2021, 10:33:35 pm »

I'm new to Coppermine but my predecessor had a problem he was unable to solve and I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

I work for a publisher and we have a number of photographers who upload photos to their albums for us. Somehow, one now has two albums, with one being hidden unless we search for her recent uploads. One has been named Firstname Lastname and the other Firstname.Lastname and for some reason all the uploads are going to the one with a dot in the name. I've tried renaming it without the dot (putting a 2 on the end in case it overwrote the other album) but it still didn't show up on the home page of albums.

When I search for her first name in the user list, the only user showing is with a dot, but on the home page the only album showing is the one without the dot. She has been uploading files to the one with a dot, and we want to move the files from that album into the one without a dot that appears on the home page so they are all together. There are hundreds of files (loaded into separate folders) in that folder and if possible we would like to move them all rather than having to download and reload every single photo.

Is there a way of doing this?

FarmLife

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Hidden album
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:59:01 pm »

I kept hunting after posting this, and found that both usernames were there - not together - one was in the top part of the username list and the other further down, not in alphabetical order for some reason!

I have now been able to go into properties for each album and change the album category to the correct one and it has moved them all to the right place!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Hidden album
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 07:57:30 pm »

Many thanks for coming back and resolving your thread.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.