Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot View Coppermine Image Gallery  (Read 1989 times)

78starfire

• Coppermine newbie
Cannot View Coppermine Image Gallery
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:23:31 pm »

Hello, I am new to this. I am hoping to be able to find out the answer to a problem. My car club has a website that we have linked to a coppermine image gallery. I'm not sure what happened, as at least a year ago the link stopped working. I have just taken on the task of trying to find out why. When the link is clicked on, this is the error message:

While executing query 'SELECT MAX(group_quota) AS disk_max, MIN(group_quota) AS disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) AS can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) AS can_send_ecards, MAX(can_post_comments) AS can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) AS can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) AS can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) AS has_admin_access, MAX(access_level) AS access_level, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) AS pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) AS    priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg_usergroups WHERE group_id in (3)' in bridge/udb_base.inc.php on line 355

database error: 1054 : Unknown column 'access_level' in 'field list'

Any help with this would be appreciated, but please have some patience with me as I have a limited amount of SQL knowledge.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Cannot View Coppermine Image Gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 01:52:56 am »

It would seem that it could be a very old version of the gallery that may have been partially upgraded.
Please provide links.

78starfire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 02:05:35 pm »

Thanks for the reply ron4mac. As I stated, I'm very new to this. I can provide any link that would be helpful, I'm just not sure which links you would need.

We are currently running version 1.6.09 of Coppermine.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 03:04:10 pm »

A link to the Coppermine gallery would be a great place to start.

78starfire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 04:25:46 pm »

Thanks. I don't think this is what you are asking for, but I'll start here: http://www.motorcityrockets.com/coppermine/

That is the link we have on our website.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 01:03:27 am »

As suspected, one of two things has occurred with your Coppermine gallery.  Either an attempt was made to upgrade it to CPG 1.6 before the gallery was ready for that ... or, the database was reloaded with an old version that was prior to several upgrades.

If it stopped working at least a year ago, you could not have been running CPG 1.6.09.  So I suspect that an attempt was made to upgrade a pre CPG 1.5.20 version gallery to CPG 1.6.x ... which would yield the error you see.

To correct the issue, the gallery must be first brought to CPG 1.5.20 and then can be upgraded to CPG 1.6.x.

78starfire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 03:11:50 pm »

ron4mac,

Thank you for that information. This is making me feel very stupid. I am not computer illiterate, but I cannot figure out how to downgrade to CPG 1.5.20. I can find version 1.5.20, but I can only download it to my local machine.

We are using cPanel as our file manager. When I go to the Coppermine installer, it only allows me to install the latest version of Coppermine. I can find no option for installing an earlier version.

I just feel like I'm missing something simple yet vital here.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 03:57:51 pm »

CPanel installers, in many cases, are notorious for not doing a good job of installing CPG.
If you are comfortable with doing so, you can PM me the credentials for your cPanel and I will see if I can get it all resolved.
If not comfortable with that, there is another method (though more difficult) that could be used.

78starfire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 05:06:45 pm »

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 08:03:44 pm »

Your gallery had last been using CPG 1.4.19.
I first had to set your site to use PHP 5.6 (your cpanel allowed that to be done).
I upgraded your gallery to CPG 1.5.48 ... roughly following the documented method.
I then upgraded it to CPG 1.6.09.
Finally, I set the php version back to the host default (PHP 7.4).
See my PM to you for more info.

78starfire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 08:54:30 pm »

Wow. Thank you so much. That was very kind of you to take the time to help us out with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.