Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTML5 Upload Problem  (Read 5356 times)

DesB

• Coppermine newbie
HTML5 Upload Problem
« on: December 20, 2020, 03:52:47 pm »

I have recently upgraded from 1.6.03 to 1.6.09 and the HTML5 upload no longer works. Files can be selected and the screen reports "X files selected", but they are not being processed. Furthermore, if the drop-down selection for upload method is changed from "Multiple Files - HTML5" to "Simple - one file at a time" the entry screen is not redrawn to reflect the different fields required. If the default upload method is set to single file, then files can be uploaded OK, but again, changing the method on screen to HTML5 uploads does not redraw the screen.

I do have some bespoke mods to login.php, profile.php and include/init.inc.php to automatically log in users based on their basic authentication login ID (the gallery is in a members-only area protected by basic authentication), but all the login process seems to be working fine, so I don't think these changes should be affecting the uploads. I can give further details of the mods if required.

Any pointers gratefully received!

Des

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: HTML5 Upload Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:52:19 pm »

Are you using the login.php, profile.php and include/init.inc.php files from your old 1.6.03 instance? If so, that will not work. You will need to remake your modifications to the new files as they came with 1.6.09

DesB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 06:00:31 pm »

No, the changes have been applied afresh to the files in the 1.6.09 release. The version check utility returns the following versions:
login.php - 1.6.03
profile.php - 1.6.08
include/init.inc.php - 1.6.09

Checking in my download directory, the version of login.php with in the 1.6.09 release is indeed 1.6.03.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:55:27 pm »

Can you PM me a link and admin account login?

DesB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 01:19:32 pm »

PM sent.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 01:50:45 pm »

The issue is being caused by your custom header loading jQuery 3.3.1
It is causing jQuery conflicts. Not sure why there wouldn't have been the same issue in 1.6.03

DesB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 02:29:03 pm »

That all makes sense. There were some mods to the site menu structure which needed jQuery which were applied shortly before the Coppermine upgrade. I never thought to link the two together. It may well have affected 1.6.03 in that case, without it being noticed before the upgrade.

Is it a problem with incompatible versions of jQuery (in which case, which should I be using?), or is it a problem with loading jQuery at all? Perhaps I should rewrite the menu mods to just use plain javascript just to be on the safe side for future changes.

Thanks for your assistance in identifying the issue.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 02:38:01 pm »

I would recommend not loading another jQuery instance in your custom header. Just try to use what construct that jQuery 1.7.2 offers.

DesB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 04:42:21 pm »

All now sorted and operating correctly!!

Ironically, I had lifted the script file containing the jQuery code from another site I manage (which does not run Coppermine, so no problem there) and when I looked at it further, the jQuery functions were not needed on this site anyway, so no need to load jQuery at all other than the use by Coppermine! Win all round!

Thanks again for the assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.