Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to recover admin for upgrade  (Read 6224 times)

Jaysen

• Coppermine newbie
unable to recover admin for upgrade
« on: October 16, 2020, 08:27:25 pm »

cpg 1.5.40
php 5.5
ubuntu 12

I'm helping a site work through a refresh cycle of all products. The previous admins bridged Coppermine to phpBB3. The bridge is working and folks are able to use the Coppermine site with no issue.

In preparation for the refresh (update OS, move to php7, upgrade phpBB and Coppermine) I'm attempting to disable bridging to ensure we can upgrade each site cleanly as standalone sites (each is a separate subdomain). Once upgraded I will reenable bridging.

I am running into an issues with the "admin" password. The previous admins did not leave on the best of terms and so I have no account docs to work from. There are only 2 users in the cpg15 users table. I have injected a known md5 pw into the user_password field of each users. When accessing bridgemgr.php neither of the accounts work. I have cleared cookies as well as ensured I am logged into the phpBB site. Same result for either configuration.

any suggestions to regain standalone account access?

thanks.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: unable to recover admin for upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 10:19:48 pm »

See my post here on how to disable the bridge using phpmyadmin- https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79121.0.html

Once done there are plenty of posts on the boards regarding recovery from a lost admin password. Here it is in brief

1. browse to the cpg database
2. click the xxx_users table (the prefix xxx_ you've chosen when installing coppermine, default is cpg15x_ for 1.5x)
3. click the edit button (pencil) that belongs to your admin accounts user_name
4. in the row user_password select md5 in the function dropdown and enter your password in plain text into the value field
5. hit save
6. login using the password you just have typed in
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Jaysen

• Coppermine newbie
Re: unable to recover admin for upgrade
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 02:02:25 am »

See my post here on how to disable the bridge using phpmyadmin- https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79121.0.html

That was it. I used mysql client from the OS just wasn't sure what configs needed toggled to get the bridging disabled.

off to finish planning the upgrade!

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.