Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error at install step 2: "Trying to access array offset on value of type null"  (Read 6360 times)

Ezriilc

• Coppermine newbie

Hello, all.  :)  I'm new here, but I'm pretty comfortable with running a server and related stuff.   8)

I've done a great deal of searching for my issue around the web and here, but couldn't find anything useful.

I'm trying to install Coppermine 1.6.08 on my Windows 10 x64 machine with the following server stuff installed and working:
  • Apache 2.4.38, x64
  • MySQL Server 8.0
  • PHP 7.4.5, x64, with the following extensions:
    • php_openssl.dll
    • php_curl.dll
    • php_fileinfo.dll
    • php_mbstring.dll
    • php_mysqli.dll
    • php_pdo_mysql.dll
    • php_pdo_sqlite.dll
    • php_sqlite3.dll

I started the install by accessing the stub file "cpg_installer_stub.php.v3.3.txt" (renamed to "cpg_installer_stub.php").
I chose the top version ("CPG Release 1.6.08"), then clicked "Install Selected Package".
That gave me: "All package files were successfully placed. Click below to complete the install."
I clicked the "Complete Install" button which proceeded to the install page (step 1) and showed the License.
I then clicked the "Let's Go!" button which took me to the install step 2, and that's where I get stopped.

The page first shows: "( ! ) Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in include\versioncheck.inc.php on line 342"
Then the second line is: "( ! ) Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in include\versioncheck.inc.php on line 361"
Then the first error is repeated until the max execution time is reached, and nothing else shows.

Now, I realize that "Notice" errors can be ignored and I may be willing to do so, but the problem is that nothing else happens (even with 120 seconds of max execution time), so there's no way to proceed.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance! 

Ezriilc

• Coppermine newbie

Here is the full list of PHP extensions that I have running (via "get_loaded_extensions()").

• => Core
  • [1] => bcmath
        [2] => calendar
        [3] => ctype
        [4] => date
        [5] => filter
        [6] => hash
        [7] => iconv
        [8] => json
        [9] => SPL
        [10] => pcre
        [11] => readline
        [12] => Reflection
        [13] => session
        [14] => standard
        [15] => mysqlnd
        [16] => tokenizer
        [17] => zip
        [18] => zlib
        [19] => libxml
        [20] => dom
        [21] => PDO
        [22] => openssl
        [23] => SimpleXML
        [24] => xml
        [25] => xmlreader
        [26] => xmlwriter
        [27] => apache2handler
        [28] => Phar
        [29] => curl
        [30] => fileinfo
        [31] => mbstring
        [32] => mysqli
        [33] => pdo_mysql
        [34] => pdo_sqlite
        [35] => sqlite3
        [36] => xdebug

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

The PHP notices are being caused by something that should be corrected in the install. But hundreds of installs have been successful without this issue causing a failure to install. Could you relax the error reporting/display in your PHP for the install?

You might want to also set ignore_repeated_errors in your php.ini to On.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 02:04:24 am by ron4mac »

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I tried to replicate your failure to install on one of my host accounts with PHP 7.4.4, but was still able to install. I got one notice line, like you got, but no more because of the PHP setting to not repeat the notice display. The install continued to subsequent steps without problem.

Ezriilc

• Coppermine newbie

The PHP notices are being caused by something that should be corrected in the install. But hundreds of installs have been successful without this issue causing a failure to install. Could you relax the error reporting/display in your PHP for the install?

You might want to also set ignore_repeated_errors in your php.ini to On.

Yes!  Shutting off errors and removing xdebug did allow the install to complete, but with other errors that eventually lead me to realize that I didn't have GD2 or ImageMagick installed.

After installing GD2, it seems to all be working now.  I need to figure out ImageMagick yet.

Thanks for the help!  I didn't think that turning off errors would help the script complete, but here I am.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.