Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with 10000 category limit  (Read 2354 times)

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
Issues with 10000 category limit
« on: June 20, 2020, 02:27:10 am »

Hi,

As of last night night our gallery http://star-kidz.net/imagearchive started linking new categories to user galleries instead of the designated category we were creating. I thought maybe after adding a few new categories we'd use up all of the user categories and get back to our regular categories, and that proved to be incorrect, it just keeps adding ones for non-existent users. A little research on the forum and learned that the galleries have a 10,000 category limit, however saw it mentioned in a thread about that being fixed in 1.6. Realized our gallery hadn't been updated in some time and updated from 1.5 to 1.6, however we still are facing new categories re-directing to a user gallery instead. The last "Press" category in this thread was added after updating the gallery: http://star-kidz.net/imagearchive/index.php?cat=1017

How do we change the category limit in order to continue to add categories and keep our gallery organized the way we have it set up?

Thank you,

- Lisa

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Issues with 10000 category limit
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 04:46:41 am »

I think CPG 1.6.x just put that value in one location so that it could possibly be easily changed.
The value is defined in the file, include/init.inc.php, on line 100. Remove any user galleries that have been created before changing the number.
Let us know how it works out for you.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 05:09:47 pm »

I also noticed that your site home loads very slowly. You might want to try a cache plugin to see if it can work for you.
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,80100.0.html
Let me know if you try it and whether it is successful at speeding up your site.

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 05:53:28 pm »

Thank you so much that worked!! Can now add categories again.

I also just installed the cache plugin, thanks for that :) :)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 08:48:36 pm »

I also just installed the cache plugin, thanks for that :) :)

The cache plugin is not making the gallery load faster. For me, it takes around 20 seconds for the gallery home page to load. That is very bad for a website's reputation. There is a lot of 'stuff' being injected into the page that is not a part of your CPG theme. I would guess that it is this 'stuff' and the mechanism that is used to inject it that is causing your site to perform poorly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.