Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to  (Read 5369 times)

AnjaV

• Coppermine newbie
How to
« on: June 11, 2020, 12:54:01 pm »

Hello,

I have just downloaded CP 1.5 (because it has a Dutch translation) and vBulletin is already installed and online
I want to bridge CP with VB but before that I need to install CP and get it online as well.

Actually I have.'t got a clue how to install and how to bridge so I can do with some advice or maybe even help.

What do I need to provide for help? BTW, My technical English  is not all that so if there is a Dutch speaking person who is willing and able to help, I would be very pleased! If not, I hope you have a lot of patience.

Thanks in advance

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 02:14:09 pm »

First of all, you should really be using CPG 1.6.x.  Depending on your hosting, CPG 1.5.48 may not even be able to be installed.  As I told you in another thread, using the Dutch language file from CPG 1.5.48 in CPG 1.6 will work for you with few changes needed.

Secondly, do you already have VB and is it version 4 or less?  Currently, there is no bridging for VB version 5..

AnjaV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 03:08:34 pm »

Thank you for the reply.
I have vbulletin 5 running.

Do you know an other gallery I can bridge with?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 05:01:43 pm »

Do you know an other gallery I can bridge with?
You would have to ask at vBulletin forums, but my quick search did not find anything.

If you have VB 5 then you would definitely need to use CPG 1.6 because VB 5 requires a version of PHP that is not compatible with CPG 1.5.

If you will provide me with access to your site, I will install CPG 1.6 and try to rewrite the CPG vBulletin bridge to work with VB5.
Please PM me:
  A link to your site
  Site access credentials (cPanel?)
  Either admin login to VB or create an account for me in your forum.

AnjaV

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 07:21:56 pm »

Great, thanks in advance. i will provide you later today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.