Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine installation no longer working  (Read 7897 times)

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine installation no longer working
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:58:15 am »

I have had a Coppermine installation running flawlessly for several years and it all of a sudden quit working a couple of months ago.  Looking through this forum I am guessing it is because the host "upgraded" php.  This is what is on their server:

PHP Version   7.3.12
MySQL Version   5.7.23-23

When I try to login I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/login.php(21): require('/home3/suraklyn...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181

I downloaded the upgrader.php.v2.2.txt file into the root of my Coppermine installation and renamed it to upgrader.php.  When I go to http://www.suraklyn.com/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php(18): require('/home3/suraklyn...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181

Where do I go from here?  I know nothing about php or mysql...

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine installation no longer working
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 05:01:01 am »

Oh, Coppermine version 1.5.20...

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 05:51:14 am »

It would be better if you had updated your site more often. You could try to get your host to back off PHP 7 until you get upgraded. If not, you could try this.

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:15:24 pm »

I am of the "if it ain's broke, don't fix it" school.

You will note that in my original post:

"I downloaded the upgrader.php.v2.2.txt file into the root of my Coppermine installation and renamed it to upgrader.php.  When I go to http://www.suraklyn.com/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php(18): require('/home3/suraklyn...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181"

Host has never been helpful in the past but I'll check.  I guess I'm SOL?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:42 am »

You need to use the cpg_installer_stub file attached here: https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79013.msg383037.html#msg383037

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 03:54:48 am »

Thanks!  I didn't use that one because the thread indicated that upgrading from 1.5.20 the other file should be used.

The Coppermine Gallery is now back up and I thank you profusely!

I appreciate the help and hopefully this version will run until after I retire!

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 04:26:57 am »

Quick question.  I probably need to move my Coppermine Gallery to my current host.  It currently resides on my son's host and they are the ones that did the no-notice php update.  Could you point me to a thread to migrate a 1.6 installation to a different host?

Thanks again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.