Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound no video?  (Read 2510 times)

THudson

• Coppermine novice
Sound no video?
« on: May 11, 2020, 04:15:25 pm »

I have used the batch upload feature to upload some video, but when I play the video all I get is the audio.
I can play other videos that I uploaded!
I thought it was a size problem but I have been able to larger videos successfully?
I tried changing the quality from 1920 x 1080 to 720 x 400, but the video was just the same, to video only sound?
Soaring at Ivenhoe Beacon 273Mb 1920 x 1080 HD
Soaring at Ivenhoe Beacon 62Mb 720 x 400 SD
Do you think it may be the source file?

Any ideas welcome!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Sound no video?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 04:40:47 pm »

Have you resolved it? It seems okay to me.

If you are going to have just .mp4 videos, I think you would be better served by not using the flash media plugin. I think you will find the results are better using the inbuilt CPG HTMLV player.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 06:01:24 pm »

I've disabled the JW Player, but it won't play anything?
It first asked to allow the flash player to run, which I did, but then nothing.
Have I got to load something in the Config or another Plugin, though I doubt the latter as you said it was built-in?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 06:38:40 pm »

The JW Player plugin, unfortunately, doesn't totally put things back the way they were before it was installed. If you would like, and you are willing to PM me with an admin login to your gallery, I will right the ship for you.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 01:13:16 pm »

Thanks ron4mac!
Done!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 01:36:53 pm »

What I've done:
Uninstalled the Custom Thumbnail and Flash Media Player plugins.
Installed the Filetypes Editor plugin; used to reset the negative effects of the Flash Media Player.

So now the Video Thumbnailer will work for you BUT the .png files that are already in place for your videos will have to be removed before you will see the created .jpg thumbnails. I could not do that with just being logged into the gallery.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 04:10:15 pm »

Thanks but some are playing OK but, the one with the glider thumbnail on the left and the thumbnail of Concorde only play sound like before?
Should I delete and download again?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 04:30:52 pm »

Thanks but some are playing OK but, the one with the glider thumbnail on the left and the thumbnail of Concorde only play sound like before?
Should I delete and download again?

Hmmm!  I use Safari on MacOS mostly and they play there okay. But I just checked with Chrome and Firefox, and I see they don't play properly there.
There must be something with those two videos; but why can the JW Player play them ... albeit with less resolution.  I'll see what I can figure out. In the mean time, it's your choice as to whether you re-install the Flash Media Player. It may take me a few days to sort it all out.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 07:24:22 pm »

Right I have a iPad and works OK on that, so tried Firefox (Negative),  Edge (Negative), but IE does work.  Chrome doesn't. The only video that doesn't work is the Ivenhoe Beacon one.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 08:48:26 pm »

There does seem to be some issue with that video file. I used VLC to regenerate the video. It now plays with no problem in Chrome and Firefox. And, as a plus, it's less that 1/3 the size of the original.

You can get/download the new file from here:
(looks like you got it okay)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:32:10 pm by ron4mac »

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 03:29:43 pm »

Good to see that you must have run across one of the other negative effects of uninstalling the Media Player Plugin. It removes .mp4 files from the list of valid movie file types. And you've got the fixed Ivenhoe Beacon video and thumbnails for all the videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.