Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails for videos?  (Read 7312 times)

THudson

• Coppermine novice
Thumbnails for videos?
« on: May 09, 2020, 06:21:17 pm »

I have read several of the posts on this subject and have installed the plugin that ron4mac wrote.
Firstly, I may be thick, but what is the intermediate page? Is it the page that appears after you have batch uploaded the videos?
In the post ron4mac says there is a button on the page, but I can't find any button that he describes.
Am I looking in the right place?  As I am not sure what is meant by the Intermediate page I may be doing just that!
The other thing that puzzles me is that if I upload both the video and the jpg image, on the album I get the Video thumbnail and the jpg thumbnail?  If I delete the jpg, then the video thumbnail then shows the default video thumbnail.

Can anyone help? I must be getting too old for this @ 72 :-[

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Thumbnails for videos?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 07:06:58 pm »

The intermediate page is the page you get when you click on an image's thumbnail. It is displaying the image in its intermediate size. There are (by default) thumbnails, intermediate sized images and full sized image displays. If you've installed the plugin and the video is of an acceptable type, there should be a button below the video on the intermediate page.

Don't upload separate jpg's for the videos. It's not the way to do it (even though it is mentioned in the CPG manual).

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:44:25 am »

Thank you for clarifying that for me!
I have deleted the jpg files that I had placed in the uploaded folder, which I created to Batch upload the videos. I had tried the normal upload method , but it kept timing out whilst trying to upload.
I still don't see the button that you describe, should I delete the videos I FTP'ed and start again?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 02:38:47 pm »

Can you provide a link to your gallery (and the videos)? Are the video files .mp4?
As mentioned in the video thumbnail topic, the CPG video player for the file must be the HTMLV player. If, in your case, it is not then providing me with a link could help me adjust the plugin to work with your situation.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 04:21:45 pm »

I am using the JW Player
I have disabled Registration, will this hinder you in looking at the video setup?
We have a closed membership of club members, so I did not want any 'Tom, Dick or Harry' registering.
You will also see the result of my attempt to allow videos from Youtube to be shown, which you also post me about.

http://www.1066mfc.co.uk/coppermine/index.php?cat=0&page=2

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 05:50:29 pm »

As mentioned above and stated in the thread about the video thumbnail plugin, the video player needs to be the HTMLV player. I don't know that it can't work with the JW Player ... I have just not attempted it.  I will see if I can make it work. I had actually planned to expand its capability where possible.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 07:24:06 pm »

Have now got the icon, but got this error when I clicked on it:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_fetch_assoc() in /home/hp3-linc4-nfs2-y/555/1099555/user/htdocs/coppermine/plugins/custom_thumb/codebase.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/hp3-linc4-nfs2-y/555/1099555/user/htdocs/coppermine/include/plugin_api.inc.php(310): custom_thumb_page_start(NULL) #1 /home/hp3-linc4-nfs2-y/555/1099555/user/htdocs/coppermine/include/init.inc.php(437): CPGPluginAPI::action('page_start', NULL) #2 /home/hp3-linc4-nfs2-y/555/1099555/user/htdocs/coppermine/displayimage.php(19): require('/home/hp3-linc4...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/hp3-linc4-nfs2-y/555/1099555/user/htdocs/coppermine/plugins/custom_thumb/codebase.php on line 31

Can you tell me what is wrong?

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 07:27:33 pm »

Also, tried disabling JW Player but would not play the video?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:47 pm »

The above error is from the custom thumbnail plugin that is not for version 1.6.x of CPG. Uninstall it and remove it.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 12:50:23 pm »

Thanks for that!
Need to be more observant!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 02:25:56 pm »

I will see if I can make it work. I had actually planned to expand its capability where possible.

I've modified it to also work with the Flash Media Player plugin. See plugin ordering caveat with the new version.

THudson

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 09:54:04 pm »

Hi ron4mac
I have been testing various browsers with the video player and find that it only works with Safari (Windows & IoS), Edge and Firefox.
It did not work on Chrome and IE 11.

panhead

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 09:44:12 am »

The above error is from the custom thumbnail plugin that is not for version 1.6.x of CPG. Uninstall it and remove it.

Is that correct? Here is the announcement form Andre: https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79519.0.html (This is the cpg1.6.x and PHP7 compatible version of the Custom Thumbnail plugin.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.