Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch rename image titles  (Read 2433 times)

smokeandmirrors

• Coppermine newbie
Batch rename image titles
« on: May 03, 2020, 10:14:16 am »

Hello!

I searched the entire forum and found nothing that could help me with my question.

There is an easier way (or plugin) to rename the title of one or a batch of images (preferably) without having to open it, click on Edit file data and then edit the title and then have to go back and do it again to each of the photos?

Thanks!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

smokeandmirrors

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch rename image titles
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 07:54:53 pm »

https://coppermine-gallery.net/docs/curr/en/albums.htm#modif_alb_pics
https://coppermine-gallery.net/docs/curr/en/files.htm#edit_pics

The one about editing the file title (first link) was what I mentioned. The second has no way to edit the images titles.

So I asked if there is another way besides these two or a plugin that allows you to edit more than one image title at the same time or an easier way to do this for a gallery with thousands of images.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:18:37 pm »

When in admin mode there are management tools on the title bar for albums. The 'Edit Files' button lets you edit a whole screen of image titles at one time.

smokeandmirrors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 07:59:39 pm »

When in admin mode there are management tools on the title bar for albums. The 'Edit Files' button lets you edit a whole screen of image titles at one time.

This icon only makes it possible to edit the album where it is located, the image title, description and keywords. What I want to edit is the name of the file, which is only available when you open the image and click on "edit file data" below it. Understood?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:30:36 pm »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your previous posts said image title; now you are saying file name. Understand now that you want to change the actual file name of the image file where it is stored and not just the display title for it. Since it is something that should only rarely be needed, it is something that was only included when editing specific file information. You should probably name the files as needed before you upload them.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:35:46 pm by ron4mac »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.