Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to upload some file extension types  (Read 5375 times)

dmrow

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to upload some file extension types
« on: March 11, 2020, 09:35:50 pm »

I'm running a new installation of 1.6.08 Coppermine.

I edited the config file to allow the following file types (ie I added eps and also docx and xlsx)

Movies (default unchanged) :  asf/asx/mpg/mpeg/wmv/swf/avi/mov/m4v
Audio (default unchanged, but should now add .flac as it is a standard type these days) :  mp3/midi/mid/wma/wav/ogg
Doc types :  doc/txt/rtf/pdf/xls/pps/ppt/zip/gz/mdb/docx/xlsx

I saved the changes and verified the changes had been saved.

I then tried uploading a .eps file and got the following error message

Only files with the following extensions are accepted: asf, asx, avi, doc, docx, gif, gz, jpeg, jpg, m4v, mdb, mid, midi, mov, mp3, mpeg, mpg, ogg, pdf, png, pps, ppt, rtf, swf, txt, wav, wma, wmv, xls, xlsx, zip #0 /home/u588457363/domains/triptokz.com/public_html/pix/uniload.php @116

Line 116 of the uniload.php file says  errorOut($lang_db_input_php.....  and so on.  It doesn't show a list of files, although refers to $CONFIG['allowed_file_extensions']

The list of file types in the error message does now show the added docx and xlsx file types, but not the eps entry.  How do I get this added?

Many tks

David.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

dmrow

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Unable to upload some file extension types
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:04 am »

Thank you.  I have downloaded, installed, and activated the plugin.  I added an entry for eps as an image/eps type MIME entry, described it as an image, with no player assigned.

I now try simple uploading a single eps file and get an error "<file name> unassigned".

Any suggestions for the next step?

Tks

David.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 01:24:49 pm »

The word unassigned does not exist in a CPG 1.6.08 install ... so the source of that error message is a mystery. I will test uploading .eps files on my test site to see if I can come up with anything. Do your files actually have the .eps extension?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 02:29:58 pm »

It seems a .eps file is associated with a number of mime types (application/postscript, application/eps, application/x-eps, image/eps, image/x-eps) and, depending on PHP version, can be interpreted differently depending on the file content format. And a number of web browsers will not display it as an image, anyway.

So it would seem your best option is to add eps in the config to accepted documents instead of images and in the file types (editor) as a document.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.