Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default "Admin" User not created while using install.php  (Read 7784 times)

collin814

• Coppermine newbie
Default "Admin" User not created while using install.php
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:22:30 am »

Hey, so I'm having a problem completing the install for my first Coppermine server, but ther is an issue with the scripts. What's happening is that I get through the installer to step 9 and enter the default "admin" user information and then click the button to go to screen 10. I get an http 500 error. I started looking at the /include/config.tmp.php file during the installation and it seems to not be updating completely after screen 9. I've attached the file as it looks after clicking the button on screen 9 and while the error 500 is up. I found that if I added the proper continued iteration to the script I am able to access page 10 (by directly setting page 10 in the URL because correcting the config.tmp.php beforehand does no good at all) and get the "Finished" messages (no errors what so ever) and the option to log in. My users table is still empty though and so of course login fails. I also found, after some testing, that the createAdmin() function of install.php is never called along with who knows what else.

I did try manually entering the admin user into the users table in the DB, but while it apears to accept that the username and password are good, it still gives me another http 500 internal server error.

Any thoughts?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Default "Admin" User not created while using install.php
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:48:05 am »

It would appear you are trying to install on a local, personal server. Using the cpg_installer_stub is a convenient way to get the package files placed on your server and installed.

Try to look at your server error logs. It may have something to do with your PHP installation and random_bytes or mcrypt.

Also, you should be using mysqli instead of mysql.

collin814

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Default "Admin" User not created while using install.php
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 04:34:52 am »

Thank you, that was it! I was missing the mycrypt software. All better now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.