Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting back to Coppermine sites... Continued support?  (Read 1893 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Getting back to Coppermine sites... Continued support?
« on: February 04, 2020, 01:40:48 am »

I've been away from working on my websites for a couple years due to illness.  I'm working on getting them rebuilt on a new server and have picked WP as the CMS and would absolutely pick CM for galleries hands down.  But when doing some searching for themes I ran into several posts on other sites saying that CM was going away and won't be supported any more after the current version.

I've searched all over the CM site and don't see any announcements.  Is this a load of garbage?  I don't want to try some other gallery.  But I don't want to spend a lot of time installing and configuring CM if it's really going away...

Thanks!

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Getting back to Coppermine sites... Continued support?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 07:41:54 pm »

Development has certainly slowed... as the number and available time from current support folks is limited at times (certainly for me!) but as one of the dev team I'm not aware of any intent to stabilize or no longer support.
Not something we have even discussed.

Some quick www searches and I couldn't find any such posts... but feel free to let us know where you are seeing this.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Getting back to Coppermine sites... Continued support?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 10:02:23 pm »

Thank goodness!  I'll see if I can find it again and will post a link here.  Glad to hear it's not going away. 

Just in case you want some feedback... I can't find any other galleries that have such robust options on comments, descriptions, keywords, and other text fields attached to each photo.  That's an absolute must for what I need on my sites.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.