Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine installation no longer working  (Read 7767 times)

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine installation no longer working
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:58:15 am »

I have had a Coppermine installation running flawlessly for several years and it all of a sudden quit working a couple of months ago.  Looking through this forum I am guessing it is because the host "upgraded" php.  This is what is on their server:

PHP Version   7.3.12
MySQL Version   5.7.23-23

When I try to login I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/login.php(21): require('/home3/suraklyn...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181

I downloaded the upgrader.php.v2.2.txt file into the root of my Coppermine installation and renamed it to upgrader.php.  When I go to http://www.suraklyn.com/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php(18): require('/home3/suraklyn...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181

Where do I go from here?  I know nothing about php or mysql...

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine installation no longer working
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 05:01:01 am »

Oh, Coppermine version 1.5.20...

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 05:51:14 am »

It would be better if you had updated your site more often. You could try to get your host to back off PHP 7 until you get upgraded. If not, you could try this.

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:15:24 pm »

I am of the "if it ain's broke, don't fix it" school.

You will note that in my original post:

"I downloaded the upgrader.php.v2.2.txt file into the root of my Coppermine installation and renamed it to upgrader.php.  When I go to http://www.suraklyn.com/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/upgrader.php(18): require('/home3/suraklyn...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/suraklyn/public_html/r65_forum_gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181"

Host has never been helpful in the past but I'll check.  I guess I'm SOL?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:42 am »

You need to use the cpg_installer_stub file attached here: https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79013.msg383037.html#msg383037

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 03:54:48 am »

Thanks!  I didn't use that one because the thread indicated that upgrading from 1.5.20 the other file should be used.

The Coppermine Gallery is now back up and I thank you profusely!

I appreciate the help and hopefully this version will run until after I retire!

justinbowser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 04:26:57 am »

Quick question.  I probably need to move my Coppermine Gallery to my current host.  It currently resides on my son's host and they are the ones that did the no-notice php update.  Could you point me to a thread to migrate a 1.6 installation to a different host?

Thanks again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.