Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size  (Read 4620 times)

giovane234

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error: Allowed memory size
« on: January 04, 2020, 11:37:00 pm »

After upgrading coppermine to the latest version, I started to get the error "FATAL ERROR: ALLOWED MEMORY SIZE OF XXXXXXX EXHAUSTED at line 403 of file /include/imageobject_gd.class.php" when uploading photos over 4000px.

So I tried switching the resizing method to ImageMagick and everything worked perfectly. Any idea why it doesn't work with GD Version 2.x?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:06:30 pm »

GD can use quite a bit of memory to manipulate images. So what is happening is the server is using more memory than your hosting allows. Depending on your hosting you may be able to increase that through the PHP.ini file or a .htaccess file. There are plenty of topics on this throughout these forums but basically it boils down to having a chat with your host to ask if and how it can be done.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.