Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Found errors after successful HTML5 Multi-Load upload  (Read 5652 times)

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
Not Found errors after successful HTML5 Multi-Load upload
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:11:42 am »

First, I am testing/evaluating Coppermine on a Bitnami LAMP stack (Debian 9)  pre-installed VM from the VMWare site.  Came up easily and quickly.  Most things work as expected, but I am encountering an error every time I upload one or more files.

All tests have been form the administrator user account after password changes and other configuration checks are complete.

Test 1)  single image upload:  http://10.0.0.231/coppermine/editpics.php?album=1&newer_than=1577832388
            Not Found   The requested URL was not found on this server.
Upload was successful.

Test 2)  two images uploaded:  http://10.0.0.231/coppermine/editpics.php?album=1&newer_than=1577832552
All uploads were successful.

Prior to this test I disabled the "Show previously uploaded files at edit files form after HTML5/flash upload" setting after noting the editpics.php in the URL.  No difference apparent.

Test 3)  three images uploaded:  http://10.0.0.231/coppermine/editpics.php?album=1&newer_than=1577834477
All uploads were successful.

Versioncheck output indicates 1.6.xx [.03,.04,.05,.06,.07, ...]  (I will post the full output if it is needed)

Also, before these orchestrated tests I enabled "All" logging, but only the config change I made created an entry in the "Information->View Log Files" viewer.

I expected to see some change after I disabled the "Show previously uploaded files at edit files form after HTML5/flash upload" setting after noting the editpics.php in the URL. I also expected to find something useful in the logs about what is going on, but I had no joy on that count either.  I have read the documentation, and searched this forum, but have not found anything I thought applicable.  Any thoughts on what else should I check?

Thanks in advance

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Not Found errors after successful HTML5 Multi-Load upload
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 01:37:53 am »

Make sure that the gallery URL is set properly in Config->General.
https://coppermine-gallery.net/docs/curr/en/configuration.htm#admin_general_coppermine-url

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 02:01:31 am »

I figured everyone would be out till at least Thursday...  You should be!  Thanks, though, for responding.

I did set that URL at initial configuration.  It is set to:

http://10.0.0.231:80/coppermine/

and the Home Page is set to index.php  I have not noticed any issues navigating, adding comments, deleting images or anywhere else other than in this multifile upload context.  I have not tested any of the other upload methods.

Thanks again

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 02:13:13 am »

I did set that URL at initial configuration.  It is set to:
 http://10.0.0.231:80/coppermine/

You might want to try setting it without the port number.

Happy New Year to you.

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 09:27:30 pm »

Happy New Year to you as well, and thanks for the help.

As you suggested, I changed the URL setting to remove the port, and have not been able to log in since.  I do see the "front page" but it is empty/blank.  When I try to log in though, Coppermine keeps insisting that my password is invalid.  My first thought remains that this is really due to the URL change, but since I cannot log in, I cannot get back to the admin config page to revert the URL setting by usual methods.  Being a former DBA with all the attendent bad habits I thought I might be able to just update it directly in the database, but I have not been able to find where it is stored.  I found a post from some time ago (2007!) that indicated it was stored in the Db at that time, but I have looked at every row of every table and have not found it.  The cpg16xconfig table is where I expected to find it, but I either overlooked it (20 times!) or it has been moved.

I also found a post that suggests updating the admin user password directly with a pre-cooked hash of "admin", and I tried that in hopes that perhaps Coppermine was correct about my password being invalid.  No joy there either though.  I verified the hash of "admin" at HashCrack.com, which successfully unhashed it back to "admin", so I figure the "password invalid" response is really a side-effect of navigation failure in php or js somewhere.

When you get back, hopefully on Thursday at the earliest!, do you have any suggestions?  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 11:45:39 pm »

I'm so sorry!!  It is a huge surprise to me that changing that value would have that effect!
That config setting is in the cpg16x_config table. The table is name:value pairs. Look for the ecards_more_pic_target named pair.
I have zero experience with VMWare setups. And CPG has likely not had any testing done in such an environment.

I play around with stuff on my home server. Or for nice versatility, I use a Raspberry Pi where I just swap microSD cards to run a different system setup. I think these methods are more equivalent to what's out in the web.

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:39:20 am »

You should not feel badly at all, because, given what you have told me here, this change did *not* have that effect.  Something else is going on.  I know this for certain now because I did find the value you pointed out, but did not recognize it for what it truly is.  Instead took it at face value of the field name, and thus related only to eCards that I am not using. 

I did add the port back into that parameter during all my flailing around, but since I am still having login issues I now know that the URL change is (probably) not part of it.  Now that I know it is really a login issue and not a side effect of changing the URL, perhaps I can figure it out by approaching it head-on.  I'll work on it from that angle now.

Thanks again for the help.  It is appreciated.

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 01:45:25 am »

I've moved past this, and whatever was causing the issue has dissappeared.  This thread can be closed, from my POV.  Thanks for all the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.