Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Finding Expected Categories in Dropdown of Album Properties  (Read 1468 times)

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
Not Finding Expected Categories in Dropdown of Album Properties
« on: January 08, 2020, 02:48:22 am »

I am bootstrapping a new online website centered on Coppermine, on A2-Hosting.  I used the install stub ron4mac pointed out to me, and installed the 1.6.x version using that, not the auto-installer A2-Hosting offers.  The Coppermine install was a snap.  THANK YOU!  I have now created the main Groups, Users and Categories for our site.  When I log in as myself (not the admin and not an admin) and try to create an album, I am only finding the *My Gallery* and "Shared" categories available in the "Album Category".  I expect that there should be four others in addition.  I have read, and re-read, the documentation on Categories, Groups, Users and Albums.  I've searched this forum and read many posts, but I'm stumped.  I'm sure it's somewhere in the details, but I've become snow blind I think, because I just cannot see it.

As I said, this is currently on A2-Hosting at www.ourlandyacht.com/cmportfolio/htdocs  This URL will change once I get the current issue resolved and have a chance to put my front-end page in place, but that's for later.  This is for now.  Also, this site is [supposed to be] pretty locked down. No "Guest" or "Anonymous" users are accepted.  I'll be interested to hear if I am wrong about this :).

I apologize in advance for the length of this, but I don't see how anyone can help me if they don't know these details, so...  I have the following things in place:

USERS
Admin user - I've used this account to create all the other users, groups and categories.  I don't use it to manage any content on the site.  There is no content at this time since i cannot get the foundation completed as I want it.

Herself user and Himself user - Two non-admin but otherwise full rights users.   Each of us to maintain our own content in our own galleries

GROUPS
Administrators - Only the Coppermine Admin is a member of this group
Registered - All "Viewers" of these portfolios will be required to register before being allowed to view anything.  No "Open to the Public Annonymous" guests will be accepted.  Email confirmation is also required, as is Admin approval.  This site will be limited only to friends and family.
Guests - Will not be used.  Will have no members.  Group has no permissions:  not allowed to see/say/do anything

I also have three more "Photographer" groups:
Photographer-Herself - Public Albums [Yes]  Approval Req'd [No]  Personal Gallery [Yes] Approval Req'd [No]   
                                Access Level Full (thumbnail, intermediate, and full-size image)
     The user Herself is the only member of this group
Photographer-Himself - Public Albums [Yes]  Approval Req'd [No]  Personal Gallery [Yes] Approval Req'd [No]   
                                Access Level Full (thumbnail, intermediate, and full-size image)
     The user Himself is the only member of this group
Photographer - Users Herself and Himself are both also members of this group

Each of the users Herself and Himself have category hierarchies set up, individually, as below.

Herself Work               Parent  * No category *        Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Herself
     Birds                    Parent     Herself Work          Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Herself
     Landscapes           Parent     Herself Work          Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Herself
     Other                   Parent     Herself Work          Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Herself
Himself Work               Parent  * No category *        Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Himself
     Birds                    Parent     Himself Work          Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Himself
     Landscapes           Parent     Himself Work          Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Himself
     Other                   Parent     Himself Work          Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographer-Himself
Shared                      Parent  * No category *        Groups Allowed to Create Albums Photographers
   Note above that both user Herself and user Himself are members of Photographers group

Now that all that tedious background is in place, here's the crux of the issue:  Whichever user, Herself or Himself, tries to create an album, the only Album Category choices available in the drop-down list are * My Gallery * and "Shared".  For Himself the "Himself Work" "Birds", "Landscapes" and "Other" categories should also be available.  Or, at least that's how I understand it anyway.

So, what have I missed/misunderstood/messed up?

As always, thanks in advance. 

[Admin, I could not tell clearly where this post belonged, so I chose Miscellaneous.  Please move it if I've chosen poorly.]

BigHank

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Not Finding Expected Categories in Dropdown of Album Properties
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:00:04 pm »

SOLVED!  Group membership of my users were not set as they needed to be or as I thought they were.  Corrected that and the expected categories showed up. 

It always pays to give things some time, and go do something else for a while.  I was, indeed snow blind.     My bad.  Hope this might at least help someone in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.