Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: mpg upload problems  (Read 7076 times)

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
[Solved]: mpg upload problems
« on: July 16, 2004, 05:01:57 pm »

Hello,

First time I need some help.  ;D

My problem is I can upload moives(mpg) files. They show up in the correct album when I ftp to my server, however they do not show up in the album when visiting via the web.

What might I be doing wrong?

I have config set for "ALL"  media types, below is a link to the album I upload the mpg file into, but it doesn't show up at all. I set up a test account to view the gallery

test/test

http://gallery.snork13.net/thumbnails.php?album=18

You can also email suggestion to me: snork13@snork13.net

Thanks in advance,

Jason

« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 08:32:30 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: mpg upload problems
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 06:32:50 pm »

Please post a deep link directly to the mpg file on your server and where (in which album) is is supposed to be.

GauGau

snork13

• Contributor
    • Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 08:11:30 pm »

Please post a deep link directly to the mpg file on your server and where (in which album) is is supposed to be.

GauGau

GauGau,

Thanks for the reply, the link posted is as far in the album as should be needed.

Maybe I was unclear. I upload the mpg file, like i do with jpg file, then it show it was successful and to place in an album. So i place the mpg in the album "danny", it say it was successfully place in album, but not there as you can see....what strange is when I login via ftp to the server and check the album, it shows the mpg file.

I would be happy to send you a private login as admin to see both the ftp and gallery web if needed.

thanks,

Jason

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 08:59:44 pm »

I'm a little confused on how you have your gallery configured.  You've used the term 'albums' to describe two different things.  The directory you ftp the images/movies is alltogether different from the album that Coppermine arranges them in.

For example, I created a directory in /albums called uploads (albums -> uploads).  I ftp my images/movies into /uploads.  I then batch add those images/movies to the various albums I've created.

Is this what you're doing?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

snork13

• Contributor
    • Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 09:33:53 pm »

I'm a little confused on how you have your gallery configured.  You've used the term 'albums' to describe two different things.  The directory you ftp the images/movies is alltogether different from the album that Coppermine arranges them in.

For example, I created a directory in /albums called uploads (albums -> uploads).  I ftp my images/movies into /uploads.  I then batch add those images/movies to the various albums I've created.

Is this what you're doing?

now i'm confused, sorry, but i have done the batch add. This is not the problem, this is the problem...

What I'm saying .....gallery/albums/userpics/10001/MOV00615.MPG  exists when I ftp to the folder on the server.  This movie file was placed in this album http://gallery.snork13.net/thumbnails.php?album=18. However, it does not show up, and on the upload I get a red x. and file cannot be placed.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 12:59:12 am »

Don't ftp to any directory in the userpics directory.  That's where Coppermine puts your member's pictures, if you allow them to have their own galleries.

You should create a new directory in the albums directory, chmod it to 777, and ftp your stuff there.  Then, do a batch add and select that directory.

For example, in gallery/albums, create a directory called uploads.  FTP all your images/movies to gallery/albums/uploads.  When you batch add, select the uploads directory, then select the album you want to put the images/movies into.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

snork13

• Contributor
    • Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 03:00:48 am »

Boy I feel stupid, ok the problem is i"m uisng GD not imagemagik....

So sorry, but now to find imagemagick on the server...

jason

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 03:50:34 am »

i"m uisng GD not imagemagik
What does that have to do with your problem?  There is no image manipulation when you upload a movie.  I use GD and have no problems uploading and viewing movies.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 09:44:27 am »

I was asking you to post a deep link to the mpg's url - you haven't posted it, but from your postings I was able to make it up: it's http://gallery.snork13.net/albums/userpics/10001/MOV00615.MPG
This shows you tried to upload it via http upload. It's recommended that you (as gallery admin) use ftp-upload (to a folder within "albums", but not within "userpics") and then use batch-add to add the file to your coppermine database. Try that (instead of messing with your ImageLibrary, as this is not related at all, like kegobeer already pointed out) and I'm sure we'll find a solution to this issue.

GauGau

snork13

• Contributor
    • Gallery
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 08:04:04 pm »

I was asking you to post a deep link to the mpg's url - you haven't posted it, but from your postings I was able to make it up: it's http://gallery.snork13.net/albums/userpics/10001/MOV00615.MPG
This shows you tried to upload it via http upload. It's recommended that you (as gallery admin) use ftp-upload (to a folder within "albums", but not within "userpics") and then use batch-add to add the file to your coppermine database. Try that (instead of messing with your ImageLibrary, as this is not related at all, like kegobeer already pointed out) and I'm sure we'll find a solution to this issue.

GauGau

gaugau,

i see you can click the link and view the movie, but why can't i see in the gallery listing. I made a new album call videos, and have try many time added movies to it via batch add, I get the red x error, i click on the x and it says GD error, only jpg or png???

I tried changing the config via the gallery to reflect the imagemagick, but it doen'st take. Do I need to hardcode the config file via ftp?

Sorry if I'am out of line on the questions, I have 2 of you helping me, and I'm trying to inform the best I can.

i"m uisng GD not imagemagik
What does that have to do with your problem?  There is no image manipulation when you upload a movie.  I use GD and have no problems uploading and viewing movies.

ok, when i try to add the movie to http://gallery.snork13.net running GD, I can't, the error say only jpg or png are allowed with GD.

So, i set up 1.31, http://gallery2.snork13.net running imagemagick, it works with no problem...

ps...I'm now only using the batch add feature, thanks for the tip, as I have used before, bad habits are hard to break. :-*

Still not sure what the problem, but it has something to do with the extensions of the files??

Jason

snork13

• Contributor
    • Gallery
[SOLVED] Re: mpg upload problems
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 08:22:12 pm »

Solved the problem, it was the watermarking by GD, SO it was a GD issue. I turn off watermarking and all GOOD. Thanks to all that helped. I will just do the movie when i turn off watermarking, I know there is a way to watermark the movies too, I'll get to work on it,  :-\\unless someone else figured it out.

$imginfo = getimagesize($src_file);
            if ($imginfo == null)
                return false;
            // GD can only handle JPG & PNG images
            if ($imginfo[2] != GIS_JPG && $imginfo[2] != GIS_PNG) {
                $ERROR = $lang_errors['gd_file_type_err'];
                return false;
            }

thanks

jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.