Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help wanted  (Read 16439 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
help wanted
« on: September 21, 2003, 09:05:17 am »

you like coppermine and want to give something back? Great, we're looking for people with special abbilities:
  • you live in Paris?
    We've tried everything we could think of to contact Greg (the original author of coppermine) - by email, by snailmail, by phone - but we didn't have a chance. If you live in or near Paris, France and you're willing to help we would like you to check on Greg's place. Please contact the dev team and we'll provide you with the address.
    [edit GauGau 11.10.2003: Greg has finally given a live sign - he is well and is in Japan at the moment, so our "quest" to search Greg has ended]
  • you can translate the language file to a language that isn't supported yet by coppermine?
    Get in contact and we'll provide you with the latest version of the english language file to translate it.
  • you're a graphics designer?
    We could use some banners and buttons for coppermine, so people can use them as links to our site.
    Any ideas are welcome - we'll put up some kind of contest on this site...
    - button 88 x 31
    - mini-banner 156x60
    - half-size banner 234x60
    - full-size banner 468x60
    [/list:u]GauGau

Anonymous

Re: help wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 09:18:42 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
you like coppermine and want to give something back? Great, we're looking for people with special abbilities:

I like coppermine, and I'm willing to give something back, but - onfortunatelly - I don't have any of those abbilities...

jack

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
help wanted
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 09:55:46 pm »

Also,

If you run a website, please place a link to the new Coppermine home-page (http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/) on your page.

This way, the search engines are more likely to find this site instead of providing links to the dead chezgreg.net site.
Please do not contact me for support directly - instead: post on this board!

boii

• Coppermine regular visitor
help wanted
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 09:04:23 am »

Quote from: "jack"
Also,

If you run a website, please place a link to the new Coppermine home-page (http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/) on your page.

This way, the search engines are more likely to find this site instead of providing links to the dead chezgreg.net site.

i would assume we should all change the footer 'Powered by Coppermine' link to reflect the new website.

cheers.
ken

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
help wanted
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 09:34:27 am »

Quote from: "boii"
i would assume we should all change the footer 'Powered by Coppermine' link to reflect the new website.

cheers.
ken
Most users can't, because they don't know enough php, and we won't publish a howto (see faq: How do I remove/edit the bottom line "Powered by Coppermine" ?). In the next version of coppermine the "Powered by"-tag will point to the new url, so please be patient.
Meanwhile it'll help if those who can't edit the "Powered by"-line put up a link on their site that points to this site.

GauGau

zzleeper

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.rosenstrandh.se
Translation and graphic help
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 09:11:11 pm »

Hi I am working on a Swedish translation right now, working from the existing Danish one since I know Danish to and think its easier to translate from Danish to Swedish since I can do Replace operations on certain words without removing the english PHP-code.

If you need any graphics or other pictures dont be afraid to ask me, I've been working as a web-designer and a layout-designer for a couple of years.

:idea: What I would like is more themes for the CPG to work with and maybe even a base-template for themes if you have one. :idea:

I'm more than happy to provide my help so that all of us can have a great Photo Album on our websites.
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
help wanted
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 10:23:51 pm »

actually there is a swedish language file for CPG 1.1.X: http://gaugau.de/download/index.htm?action=file&id=11 , but we could indeed use some design stuff: maybe you'd like to design some banner and button (see my first posting on this thread).
Template file submissions are also welcome, but please be aware: there'll probably be a slight change in the way templates/themes are handled in the next coppermine release (but shouldn't be difficult to adapt).

GauGau

STRiDOR

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordin Rahhali's World Lounge
tis a shame..
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 02:59:14 am »

I hope Greg is alright, perhaps he's on an extended vacation?  

I'm glad though that the project is being picked up and continued, perhaps this is good news for Coppermine as a whole.  Growing from a one man operation to a community effort.. That can only make features and updates happen more speedily.

I'll try and help out with some of the graphic work.   This is a wonderful package and I'd be happy to help out in any way I can.
STRiDOR

romanus

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.enorm2.com
Help Offered
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 12:05:41 am »

I can convert/create anything into whatever size you want. Where would I post these gifs and how do you want to proceed? I also think it would be wise to pay the hosting for an additional year on chezgreg to get at some of the info on that site.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
help wanted
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 11:16:22 am »

if you want to do some graphics work, you can either
upload them on your webspace and post a link on this board
or
zip them and pm them as attachment to me.

GauGau

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
help wanted
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 11:19:29 am »

[size=18]thanks to all that offered their help (using the contact form) on hosting this site; for the moment, we're quite happy at sourceforge.net!
Should we need webspace at a later time, we'll contact you.
Kudos to all that support us!

GauGau[/size]

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
help wanted
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 12:28:24 am »

Do you still need some buttons/banners?  I am a graphic artist (website is not complete because I'm converting to your software, but my link is in my signature).  I can help if you need help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
help wanted
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 12:58:05 am »

yes, so far we only have one submission: the logo you can see on the top of the board. Go ahead, create some nice banners & buttons...

GauGau

vortex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 06:58:18 pm »

I am web designer,
languges: luxemburgish, frensh, german
i can help for layout, and idears or what ewer about designs

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2004, 10:47:20 am »

urm, this is a very old thread you replied to. There have meanwhile been some graphics contributions (but we haven't made up our mind yet, will have to start another poll). Submissions of themes, graphics and language files (we don't have luxemburgish yet *hint*) are most welcome.
Here's a list of threads you might want to look into:
translations: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=4623.0
logos: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1611.0
themes: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8057.0

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.