Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error?  (Read 14755 times)

ThomasMcKean

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error?
« on: November 27, 2019, 08:40:55 pm »

What is this?  Why did it just appear out of nowhere? 

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/index.php(26): require('/home3/thomasa6...') #2 {main} thrown in /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 181

And how do I fix it?  ACK!!

Thomas

ThomasMcKean

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal Error?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:05:24 pm »

Doing a search I see there is a script to run to update.  I tried that and now instead of getting the error I get nothing at all.

Nothing.

Not impressed.  :(

Thomas

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 10:50:14 pm »

You were warned that you may be using a theme or plugin that is not compatible with CPG 1.6.x.
Try accessing your gallery in this way: <your_gallery_url>/?theme=curve
If that works, the problem is with your theme. Come back for info about how you may correct that.
If still blank, rename the plugins folder and try again. Success now says that there is a plugin causing the problem.

( not impressed with your attitude  ::)

ThomasMcKean

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 11:09:38 pm »

K I did what you said.  I did the link, it didn't work.  I changed the name of the plugins folder.  That worked.

If I can give an attitude about the problem, I can also thank you for the solution.

Thank you.

That said, I do have additional questions...

Where do I find the version number of what I am running?  The closest I can find is

2016-05-24: tbc

That can't be right?

I do not recall seeing anything about a theme, though I do recall years ago reading something about plugins.  How do I fix them?  I tried to go to the plugin manager but got nothing.  Likely because the folder is renamed.  But if I name the folder back, the gallery becomes inaccessible.  Can I just delete the files directly from the folder?  I didn't have many plugins installed, I can only think of two.  They aren't there anymore, I miss them already.  :)

Thomas

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 12:20:37 am »

The version is shown in the header of the config items.

Gallery Configuration - Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.6.07 (stable)

While there, turn on debug mode for everyone. Rename the plugin folder to the correct name. Maybe, with debug on, you'll be able to see which plugin(s) is causing the issue. Look here for plugins that have been updated to function correctly with CPG 1.6.x.

ThomasMcKean

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 12:43:03 am »

And that gave me this error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_fetch_array() in /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/plugins/final_extract/include/init2.inc.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/plugins/final_extract/codebase.php(184): require() #1 /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/include/plugin_api.inc.php(310): final_extract_page_start(NULL) #2 /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/include/init.inc.php(441): CPGPluginAPI::action('page_start', NULL) #3 /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/admin.php(17): require_once('/home3/thomasa6...') #4 {main} thrown in /home3/thomasa6/public_html/gallery/plugins/final_extract/include/init2.inc.php on line 21

So how does this work?  I am very good at what I do, but what I do is not PHP or SQL.  Do I just delete that plugin?  Do I merge the update?  Do I delete the plugin and put the update in there instead?  Sigh.  If only this was easy enough for Joe Average to understand.  :)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 01:50:50 am »

You could just delete the plugin from the plugins folder. If you find that you miss some functionality that it provided for you, then you could copy the new one into the plugins folder and it should work okay.
Do I delete the plugin and put the update in there instead?
Yes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.