Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New install stuck at Database selection stage  (Read 9289 times)

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
New install stuck at Database selection stage
« on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:47 pm »

Hi all, first time poster on here so please be gentle with me

I am trying to install Coppermine 1.6.0.3, I get as far as stage 6 but it is only giving me Database type as MYSQLi or PDO: MYSQL, the MYSQL option is greyed out and says not available. Trying to use the database username and password I have setup does not work in either option. Now I am sure that my hosting package has MYSQL install as I am running Wordpress on the same hosting package although I can not tell you what version of MYSQL I have ( although I am asking the web hosting company).

Can you advise me what I need to do so that MYSQL is selected and seen by Coppermine please?

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New install stuck at Database selection stage
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 10:32:40 pm »

OK, time to correct myself. Apparently my hosting comany does not use MYSQL, they use MariaDB version 10.2.22, apparently this is fully compatible with MYSQL.

So with this revelation am I able to install Coppermine or do I need to have the real MYSQL  installed?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 01:42:29 am »

You should choose MYSQLI.  And you should be installing Coppermine 1.6.06.  Recheck your database username and password.  If those are correct, you should have no problems installing.  Do not use a hosting provider's installer script ... they typically do not work correctly.

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:49:29 pm »

Thank you for the  info, I was choosing the MYSQLi option but it would not except my my username or password which I setup and yes it was by a hosting script, I even remade the database and username and password. I have PHPadmin installed on my package I will see if I can add a new database, user and password there.

In regards to using version 1.6.0.3, I thought that was the most recent version, it certainly was when I was looking for the download link, I will have a look for the the 1.6.0.6 version before trying to install over the weekend sometime.

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:53:56 pm »

All sorted now thank you all

Issue turned out to be very simple, instead of using localhost I had to use the IP address of the SQL server. All installed and ready for the setting up stage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.