Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use fullsize image without intermediate images but keep pop-up  (Read 16685 times)

tooheadedboy

• Coppermine newbie

The topic is pretty self explanatory, I hope. I'm looking for a plugin that will let me disable intermediate photos to save time and disk space, but keep the link to the fullsize popup. I have the image display downsized with CSS to fit my theme (example: http://twwcaps.paperbuildings.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=68), but I would like the CSS downsized image to link to the fullsize popup like this: http://www.leavemethewhite.com/tv/displayimage.php?album=170&pid=63349. As you can see, it uses a fullsize image downsized with CSS as its intermediate image. I've tried "EnlargeIt!", but that goes from the thumbnail to an embedded image. I also tried the "fit_screen" extension, but it doesn't work with either the latest version of Coppermine Gallery or my theme. I just want to use the standard pop-up window that would be there if you enabled intermediate images.

I hope I'm being clear. Perhaps I'm just missing an option despite combing the settings and documentation, and searching through the forum and elsewhere. (I also read through the rules, and I hope I did everything in this post properly. If not, I apologize.)

I am admittedly a programming novice, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sweetener

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Use fullsize image without intermediate images but keep pop-up
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »

Up

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 02:30:15 pm »

I guess I am slightly confused about what you are looking for. The second example above seems to be what you are asking for ... and intermediate display that uses the full sized image and pops up to a fullsize display.

tooheadedboy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 07:44:05 pm »

Yes. The second example is what I'm aiming for, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it. Not creating the "intermediate" files with the "normal_" prefix would save both time and space on the disk. That second example, however, is not my gallery nor do I know the owner to ask for assistance.

This may be more of a theme issue, but I tried downloading and using the theme from that gallery, and there wasn't an easy answer there either (it also isn't updated for CPG 1.6).

(Hopefully I'm being clearer here? Apologies if I'm not.)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 09:54:57 pm »

Okay .. understand now .. thought the second site is yours too.

I can't immediately come up with the method(s) to help you but I'll try to get it accomplished in the next week or so.

tooheadedboy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 10:13:05 pm »

Ah okay.

And that's great. Thank you for your help!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 04:00:36 am »

Seems I had some extra time tonight. Tossed together a quick plugin that may accomplish what you want. (fullpop)
While working on that, I noticed another plugin that I had, at some time, been developing that you might have some interest in. (izoom)

tooheadedboy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 05:40:12 am »

The Full Popup plugin works perfect! Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.