Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error After Receiving Critical Error  (Read 1961 times)

jenzbie

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error After Receiving Critical Error
« on: May 27, 2020, 05:22:02 am »

I tried logging into my gallery at https://ben-hardy.net/gallery and received a Critical Error when trying to do so. When trying to open up an album, I had a 500 Error show up; then all of a sudden I have the following Fatal Error:

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/jennhxqd/ben-hardy.net/gallery/include/functions.inc.php:183 Stack trace: #0 /home/jennhxqd/ben-hardy.net/gallery/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /home/jennhxqd/ben-hardy.net/gallery/index.php(26): require('/home/jennhxqd/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/jennhxqd/ben-hardy.net/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 183
I've attempted uploading a fresh file and upgraded/downgraded PHP versions and nothing has changed.

When trying to repair the tables via myphpadmin, the following error shows up as well:

The storage engine for the table doesn't support r...

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Fatal Error After Receiving Critical Error
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 01:39:19 pm »

Your host has changed the default PHP version to 7.x. If you can't change the PHP version to 5.6, you will need to upgrade your gallery software to CPG 1.6.x using this method:
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79013.msg383037.html#msg383037

You should ultimately upgrade to CPG 1.6.x, regardless.

jenzbie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:12:43 pm »

I downgraded PHP to 5.6, was able to log back in to upgrade CPG (it was in process), the Critical Error when trying to log in showed up again:

Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

I downgraded CPG again and now the gallery just pulls up with Fatal Error: (in PHP 5.6) and the original error I posted with in any PHP version above 7.

jenzbie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 08:23:10 pm »

After downgrading both CPG and PHP, I manually installed the newest version of CPG and everything is now running smoothly.

The theme must only run on PHP 5.6 or else the original error shows in all the other versions of PHP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.