Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with older version of Coppermine - no longer accessible, Fatal Error  (Read 16249 times)

edwardianrose

• Coppermine newbie

Several years ago, my web hosting provider offered Coppermine as an extra feature.  I set up my gallery (a professional portfolio of work) on that Coppermine version at the time.  Recently (early 2019) I set up a new "Weebly" website through the same hosting provider.  They've told me I needed to upgrade to PHP 7.2 for that site to work properly, which I've done.  Now I can't access my Coppermine Gallery. 

I am techno-illiterate but really need help with this!  If I switch my website PHP setting back to 5.6, the Coppermine Gallery becomes accessible again, but my website doesn't function properly.  If I change my website to PHP 7.2, I lose access to Coppermine, and I get this message when I try to use the normal URL I've used for years:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b564/d5.edwardianrose/public_html/coppermine/include/functions.inc.php:183 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b564/d5.edwardianrose/public_html/coppermine/include/init.inc.php(171): cpg_db_connect() #1 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b564/d5.edwardianrose/public_html/coppermine/index.php(26): require('/hermes/bosnawe...') #2 {main} thrown in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b564/d5.edwardianrose/public_html/coppermine/include/functions.inc.php on line 183. 

I really need and want both my website and Coppermine to work!  Could I switch my website temporarily back to PHP 5.6, then somehow upgrade Coppermine while I have access to it?  But how to do that?  I just don't know.  Remember please, I don't speak Geek -- I'm a technical simpleton, so if it can be done, I'd need simple links or instructions.

Thank you so much for any help!

edwardianrose

• Coppermine newbie

Still me here!  :-)  By the way, my web hosting provider no longer offers Coppermine on their site (for some time now), so I presume there is no support available through them to do some kind of upgrade.   Thanks for any assistance you can give me!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.