Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Trying to install and getting an error message:  (Read 4520 times)

troutman

• Coppermine newbie
Help! Trying to install and getting an error message:
« on: July 15, 2004, 11:51:52 pm »

• • • ERROR • • • 
The following errors were encountered and need to be corrected first:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to write config file 'include/config.inc.php'

I have all of the information typed in correctly, am not using ImageMagick. When I go to that particular file, it shows as a sample file rather than a php file. I am very confident that I am entering all of the information correctly and have the files uploaded properly. My CHMOD is 777 on the folder and renamed the folder from coppermine to gallery. The url follows the path properly.    Any ideas?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help! Trying to install and getting an error message:
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 12:20:52 am »

Yes, this means the 'include' folder needs to be chmodded as well.  Do that, and make sure the 'albums' folder is also the same chmod.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

troutman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 12:24:22 am »

All of the files are CHMOD 777. As a matter of a fact, I can;t modify the CHMOD because the site option is not supported. The default is 777. I forgot to mention, thanks for reattempting help me. I appreciate the promt reply. ;D

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 12:28:09 am »

It would be a very unusual, and unwise, host, who sets all folders to 777.
Are you sure that is the setting for these folders?  When you say the default is 777, is that the hosts setting, or what you put in config?
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

troutman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 12:43:18 am »

Using SmartFTP I go down to properties/CHMOD and try to make a change, say 755 for example and an error "501 SITE option not supported"

All files are listed as a default of 777

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 01:21:15 am »

OK, then you will have to try and create your own config.inc.php.
Using the sample file for advice, create one with your sites details, and upload it.

troutman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 01:27:13 am »

Sweet Casper, Thanks!

One question, which folder should this php file go into? and also what UR do I go to to skip the install? I think this will do it.

Cheers.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 07:54:41 am »

this is not a good idea, generally speaking: even if you could create the file config.inc.php manually in the include folder, you wouldn't be able to upload any pics if you can't solve the CHMOD issue.
This is something you have to understand: when using your ftp client to CHMOD, it will not display the actual CHMOD status of a file/folder, but show a suggestion for CHMODing, so if your ftp client shows 777, you simply can't rely on this being true. It greatly depends on how your webhost has set up your webspace and what CHMOD commands you are allowed to execute (if any at all). I strongly suggest you contact your webhost and ask them to CHMOD the albums and the include folder to 777 or 755 (their choice). Tell them the php script needs write access to those folders.
If you shy away from contacting your webhost, you could create the file your_coppermine_folder/include/config.inc.php (take a look at the sample one inside the include folder that comes with the package. You will as well have to manually create a file called install.lock in the include folder on your webserver (or you must delete install.php from the coppermine root folder, will have the same effect).

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.