No Support > General discussion (no support!)

Coppermine Plugin for Wordpress

(1/2) > >>

sindbad5:
Isn't it time to make a Coppermine Plugin for Wordpress?  WPPA+ shows that it is possible to integrate an image Database into WordPress. The combination of post and images would be beneficial for SEO and more.

gmc:
Are you offering to??  :) :)

bobbinalong:
I've written my own based on the old wp-cpg-widget plugin. I may release it once it's been live a bit longer but it's currently tuned to my website (http://www.cvrda.org) and its requirements and I need to go through it and see what would need altering for general release and ensure it conforms to all the WordPress requirements. And I don't have the time to support more than my own websites.

Stella:
I'm most interested in a Wordpress Coppermine plugin that would automatically display on the homepage latest additions and link back to them in my Gallery --6, 9, or 12 images at a time.

The current one is over 10 years old and is quite quirky. I have it deactivated right now.

How hard would it be to create a plugin that accomplished this task?

Thanks!  ::)

bobbinalong:
If you want to show images in a sidebar, you need a widget. If you want to embed them in a post you need shortcodes.
I've got a computing degree and forty years in the software business but developing my plugin took a number of months since it was a spare time task, my PHP is only intermediate and I was learning the WordPress programming as well. I hadn't thought of adding "latest images" as an option but may now do so. I'm still refining and debugging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version