Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having Issues Logging In...  (Read 7301 times)

pamidstate

• Coppermine newbie
Having Issues Logging In...
« on: May 23, 2019, 05:54:16 pm »

It has been a while - and I am trying to upgrade from 1.5.30 to the latest 1.6 version.
I could not authenticate through the update.php (I may have an incorrect password) - but...

I am not receiving the forgot password email .. but worse - when I try to log in, with any password, I get a critical error "There was an error while processing a database query"

I have access to the MYSQL database... is there a way to wipe, or reset that password in there?  For example - can I use an MD5 hash on a temp password, at least to get me into the updater and then hope all eventually goes well?

--Thanks!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Having Issues Logging In...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 04:24:58 am »

Can you provide a link to the gallery?

pamidstate

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 04:46:51 am »

Sure: http://www.wisemotorsport.com/photos/  - The gallery seems to work fine as far as viewing. But if you try to log in - and you can use any name/password combo - it will give you the error that I am seeing, regardless of correct credentials or not.

Thanks!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 12:54:02 pm »

Your update wasn't completed. I was able to do that for you. It should be okay now (assuming you can remember you password).

pamidstate

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 03:33:07 am »

Thank you!
Yes, I see that it is not erring out anymore.
But, you are right - I'll be struggling for the password here, but I will reach out to my client and see if they can remember what they changed it to...

I really appreciate the help!

pamidstate

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 03:41:46 am »

Got it - just hashed a new password and put it directly into the SQL. I am back in and again, I appreciate the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.