Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't create a new album  (Read 11297 times)

maciekmaciek

• Coppermine newbie
Can't create a new album
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:44:28 am »

Hi, many thanks for the excellent gallery! I run it since 12 years and start to appreciate how nicely the photos start to look old :)

Now I've migrated my 1.5x gallery to a new server, and have upgraded it to 1.6.06. The process has been chaotic to some degree, but the gallery works: I can watch the photos, statistics, login as the admin, create a category etc. But I can't create a new album. A spinner shows up after typing the album's intended name and pressing the "OK" button, and nothing happens.

I can add the photos to the existing albums, albeit I've set up the permissions too generously.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Can't create a new album
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 04:04:13 am »

Link to gallery, please.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 12:29:46 pm »

This issue was being caused by a field in the _albums table that was left over from CPG 1.3.  Removing the field was apparently missed in the CPG 1.4 upgrade mechanism. The field was last_addition (a date field) and its default value (0000-00-00 00:00:00) is not, by default, allowed in newer database engines. Removing the field from the table solved the problem.

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 02:39:17 am »

From what I have seen, the policy has been not to delete 'obsolete' fields from the database as part of an upgrade...
I identified a number of obsolete fields going back to 1.3 days when I coded 'Gallery Merge' for 1.5. When merging an older gallery, I ignored the fields, but many older galleries likely still contain them.

_USERS: 'user_favpics'
_CATEGORIES: 'subcat_count', 'alb_count', 'pic_count', 'stat_uptodate'
_ALBUMS: 'pic_count', 'last_addition', 'stat_uptodate'
_PICTURES: 'owner_name'

I think 'last_addition' is the only date field - and affected if enforcing new standards at database level.  Plugins may have also added date fields to various tables over time that may or may not still be used.

Not sure the right answer - but the gremlin is out there...
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

idosha

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 03:04:36 am »

Thank you for posting this fix, it also solved my issue. I would like to make it aware that this issue can also happen in version 1.5.46 as I discovered after changing to a server that uses a newer database engine (MySQL 5.7)

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 09:53:52 pm »

Thank you, this solved also my problem, removing that columns.

totosfo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 07:45:33 pm »

Hi all,

I was finally able to move my website to a new server and promptly ran into the same issue as described here: no more new albums can be created, after clicking ok the spinner shows up and the process gets stuck at this point.

I follwed the proposed soluton here and deleted the obsolete fields in table _albums as advised, however the problem persists. Coppermine version is 1.6.25, database is MariaDB 10.5.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help!
Best regards,

Thomas

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 12:55:44 pm »

Any ideas? Thank you for your help!

The problem likely comes from the HTML5 Slideshow plugin. If you want to continue to use the plugin, you will need to update it to the latest version. (you will need to uninstall then re-install)

An alternative full image viewer can be found here.

totosfo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 01:18:46 pm »

Hi,

thank you for the info and sorry for me replying late - I was off for a couple of days.

I don't need the plugin as the gallery mainly serves as a photo repository for my forum, so I'll uninstall it (will create a backup copy of the cpg tree on my server before to be on the safe side.

Best regards,

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.