Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning structure of new site  (Read 6461 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
Planning structure of new site
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:42:48 am »

I'm going to be building a new website about antiques that is basically just a Coppermine installation.  I would like to have specific albums accessible by subscription only.  I've used both Wordpress & Joomla in the past and am open to using either one.  Since I'm creating the site from scratch I can pick which platform and plugins that will work well together.  Does anyone have any advice about whether to use WP or Joomla and what are the options for managing and integrating paid subscriptions with Coppermine?  I'm not sure if that is bridging or something else.

Thank you!!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Planning structure of new site
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 03:53:22 pm »

Not sure how you are looking to monetize your images ... and this suggestion does not involve Coppermine ... but Event Gallery is a very nice Joomla gallery with payment features. https://www.svenbluege.de/joomla-event-gallery

treehstn

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 07:20:44 pm »

I'm pretty loyal to Coppermine and I need all of the custom text fields for each album and photo, that part is non-negotiable.  I'll check into the app you suggested and see if it will fit.  Thanks!

treehstn

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:41:27 am »

Does CM bridge with Joomla user groups?  I'm wondering if I set up a Joomla subscription extension that works with Joomla groups maybe bridging with CM might work? So that Joomla groups drives the available content in CM?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 03:33:04 pm »

There isn't a Joomla bridge, per se. There is a 'tunnel' that works differently than bridging ... but works quite well, I believe.
https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,79031.msg383109.html#msg383109
In its current state, it will connect specified Joomla groups to one particular CPG group.
I guess it could be extended to make multiple such associations.

Also: If it could be useful to you, I also authored a Joomla plugin that can be used to allow users to register using an authorization code that will place them in certain pre-defined user groups, depending on the authorization code.
https://github.com/ron4mac/joomla_plg_regauth
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:09:01 pm by ron4mac »

treehstn

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 10:00:23 pm »

I basically need a free and a paid section in CM.  The paid section needs to be accessed by a subscription but I haven't picked one of those yet either.  I'll check out the tunnel system.  I haven't heard of that before.

Thanks!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 11:21:31 pm »

You could also take a look at this plugin https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67506.0.html

Not sure how 1.6 ready it is. GMC did an update on page 22 for 1.6 but I do not know its current state.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 02:27:18 pm »

Does CM bridge with Joomla user groups?  I'm wondering if I set up a Joomla subscription extension that works with Joomla groups maybe bridging with CM might work? So that Joomla groups drives the available content in CM?

I don't know how the Joomla stuff works in detail. But as you brought up groups, it's possible in Coppermine to create a new user group ("paid" or however you name it), assign that group to all appropriate users and allow (just) that group to access certain albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.