Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showthumb.php.png In Search New Panel  (Read 13605 times)

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Showthumb.php.png In Search New Panel
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 01:08:26 pm »

What files were fixed in the package not directly on those galleries you fixed are going to have be fixed, or will that be corrected in the download for version 1.6.05?

The file that was changed is showthumb.php. It would not be a part of the packaged (single zip file) version of 1.6.05. You can use the cpg_installer_stub to install a new or update an existing installation with all the current, late-breaking changes by selecting the bottom (highlighted in red) install option.

I don't expect it to be too long before we package version 1.6.06, which would include that change.

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 01:50:12 am »

It is never a good idea to use hyphens in file names in Linux. They can be miss-interpreted as a switch. Best avoid them in future.

I've always used them ever since my first CPG installation way back in 2006 with the 1.3.0 series. Never had any issues till moving to the new host/server.
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

nowordneeded

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 01:53:26 am »

The file that was changed is showthumb.php. It would not be a part of the packaged (single zip file) version of 1.6.05. You can use the cpg_installer_stub to install a new or update an existing installation with all the current, late-breaking changes by selecting the bottom (highlighted in red) install option.

I don't expect it to be too long before we package version 1.6.06, which would include that change.

I guess what I can do for further installations is to copy the [rr]showthumb.php[/tt] file from either of the galleries you fixed and replace it in the package on my hard drive. And where would I find the cpg_installer_stub file?

Thanks again.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 03:32:45 am »

And where would I find the cpg_installer_stub file?

Here or here.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 09:41:15 am »

I've always used them ever since my first CPG installation way back in 2006 with the 1.3.0 series. Never had any issues till moving to the new host/server.

Still doesn’t make it a good idea. It does to some extent depend on the Linux distro but spaces in filenames as well as hyphens can cause problems. You can give your pictures names like that, just for the actual file name itself it is not recommended by most Linux packagers.

Let’s give and extreme example of why not. This is the most extreme case but valid.

Canon have last year launched their new RF lens mount. Superb for mirrorless cameras and some wonderful lenses have been launched. You’ve bought yourself a shiny new Canon R and a new RF lens to go with it. You save your first pic in windows can cal it “-rf test pic with new lens” which is fine in windows.

Later on you copy this file to your Linux box but accidentally put it in the root directory. So using the command line you decide to delete the file. In Linux you use the rm command which is short for remove.

rm-rf test pic with new lens

What would happen? Well, Linux would see the rm -rf as a command. The -rf switch means recursive (the r) and force (the f). This simple mistake would delete all the files and folders on your install without so much as an are you sure.

Now that is an extreme example. You would be amazed however how common problems occur using hyphens and spaces in file names. Good code can mitigate things, we can strip these out or ignore them etc with an extra step. However, one day these things can cause you a headache.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:02:05 am by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nowordneeded

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 06:55:38 am »

Thank you Phill for the explanation. I've also just upgraded using the installer script. I'm now current with 1.6.06. Thanks to all for this amazing ability to upgrade so easily. Most appreciated.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.