Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Images Not Showing After Move  (Read 8087 times)

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
Album Images Not Showing After Move
« on: March 23, 2019, 12:31:40 am »

I'm running the current stable release of 1.6.05 here: http://tamara-braun.com/gallery

I had to move my entire site due to my former host paring down disk size. So I found another host and began the move of my site. It all went well with the exception of one album here:

http://tamara-braun.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1249

I tried running the update thumbs and everything in the admin tools but the images are still not showing up. I also reuploaded the files into the appropriate album. Those include the normal size, thumbs and original file sizes. What do I need to do to get the images to show up or do I need to delete all the files, reupload, and then add to the gallery again?

Thanks.
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Album Images Not Showing After Move
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 01:29:54 am »

Try renaming the directory:
uploads/TAMARA IN FILM/1997 - SOUL FOOD/Screencaps
to:
uploads/TAMARA IN FILM/1997 - SOUL FOOD/SCREENCAPS
(all uppercase 'Screencaps')

nowordneeded

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 01:42:54 am »

Ron:

That worked. Now why did that work?

Thanks.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 12:31:47 pm »

That worked. Now why did that work?
Directories and file names are case sensitive. You cannot name a directory Screencaps when it is already expected to be SCREENCAPS (as it was in your DB).

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 10:23:28 pm »

Just a question, what method is you use to move your site? Usually when we see this sort of problem it suggests you went somehow via a Windows system.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nowordneeded

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 10:52:51 pm »

Phil:

I copied all files via Filezilla FTP to an external drive, then transferred the domain to my new host then reuploaded. Exported databases via Phpmyadmin then imported to new host and fixed all entries in the config.php file of both my Wordpress and Coppermine sections. I do have Windows 8.1. I've moved about a dozen sites the same way and never had this issue happen. Funny thing is the "Screencaps" directory worked fine on my old host, but somehow didn't fair so well on the new. That's why I posted.

NWN

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 11:05:36 pm »

Maybe Windows host vs. Linux host?

nowordneeded

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 11:09:43 pm »

I know the servers on both hosts are Apache. Don't know if that makes a difference.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 11:53:18 pm »

Your explanation shows the problem. When you copied to your external drive windows does not respect the cases. See it a lot. Best method for future reference is to compress the files on the old server using tar or zip. This way when you copy via windows the archive will remain in tact respecting cases and permissions etc. You up,pad the archive to your new host and unpack it there. It also saves time and bandwidths.

Just as an example of what happens, on your server create two files. Call one TEST.txt and the other Test.txt . Put them in the same directory and in Linux they will be treated as separate files. Using FileZilla download both to your windows machine in the same directory and you will find there will be only the one file present, probably the latter. You lose one file as windows cannot differentiate between the two. On some versions of windows one will be renamed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 11:58:40 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

nowordneeded

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 12:04:07 am »

Phil:

On my old host I don't have shell access, so to speak. They don't allow for Cpanels only dashboards. Like I said I've never had this issue before. Each time I've moved a site I've never had any issues with file name or keeping those. Like I said in the prior host the Screencaps directory worked. All my other directories copied perfectly. This one didn't. And checking the database the directory structure is Screencaps, as it originally was. Again this was an oddity and I didn't understand why this happened since it never occurred before. Again the reason I posted.

As for asking my old host to compress the file, that's the reason I left them. They weren't helpful at all.

NWN

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 12:16:19 am »

Some are never helpful.

What I guess happened is at some point on your old host a second screencaps directory had been created. I am almost certain that is what happened. On download they got merged on your windows machine. I’ve seen some hosts create second folders after disk repairs etc. It happens and unless you check first you will never notice it until you see a problem. All part of the joy of mixing file systems between win and Linux.

Hopefully your new host offers more options including shell access. I am not sure about FileZilla, but WinScp allows archiving files on the remote server via its interface. I’ve successfully used this on hosts that do not give shell access.

nowordneeded

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 12:36:25 am »

I've learned that! LOL!!!

The site was up on the old host since 2006. That directory in question was uploaded in 2011 with the Uppercase first letter the rest lowercase. It was always like that and nothing changed in the copying from the old host. So nothing changed and no directories merged. In fact because of the length of one of the directories, it wouldn't copy to my external drive and it was too much of a hassle since there were only a few photos in that album so I deleted that in the Coppermine gallery via the edit files option. But on this directory nothing changed. So I don't know what happened and again I looked in the database and it was this Screencaps.

The new host has helped with the migration, thankfully. Though I did it all myself for the most part. I had a hard time connecting via Filezilla and they helped with that and also an issue with creating the Mysqul database. So I guess that's progress. I'll check out WinScp next time I do a move. Thanks for that info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.