Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New install stuck at Database selection stage  (Read 9288 times)

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
New install stuck at Database selection stage
« on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:47 pm »

Hi all, first time poster on here so please be gentle with me

I am trying to install Coppermine 1.6.0.3, I get as far as stage 6 but it is only giving me Database type as MYSQLi or PDO: MYSQL, the MYSQL option is greyed out and says not available. Trying to use the database username and password I have setup does not work in either option. Now I am sure that my hosting package has MYSQL install as I am running Wordpress on the same hosting package although I can not tell you what version of MYSQL I have ( although I am asking the web hosting company).

Can you advise me what I need to do so that MYSQL is selected and seen by Coppermine please?

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New install stuck at Database selection stage
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 10:32:40 pm »

OK, time to correct myself. Apparently my hosting comany does not use MYSQL, they use MariaDB version 10.2.22, apparently this is fully compatible with MYSQL.

So with this revelation am I able to install Coppermine or do I need to have the real MYSQL  installed?

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 01:42:29 am »

You should choose MYSQLI.  And you should be installing Coppermine 1.6.06.  Recheck your database username and password.  If those are correct, you should have no problems installing.  Do not use a hosting provider's installer script ... they typically do not work correctly.

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:49:29 pm »

Thank you for the  info, I was choosing the MYSQLi option but it would not except my my username or password which I setup and yes it was by a hosting script, I even remade the database and username and password. I have PHPadmin installed on my package I will see if I can add a new database, user and password there.

In regards to using version 1.6.0.3, I thought that was the most recent version, it certainly was when I was looking for the download link, I will have a look for the the 1.6.0.6 version before trying to install over the weekend sometime.

xendistar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:53:56 pm »

All sorted now thank you all

Issue turned out to be very simple, instead of using localhost I had to use the IP address of the SQL server. All installed and ready for the setting up stage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.