Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help fixing errors prior to upgrading !  (Read 12255 times)

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
Need help fixing errors prior to upgrading !
« on: March 19, 2019, 03:32:35 am »

I have a few CPG installs that desperately need upgrading from 1.4 to the latest version.  I have backed up all files and databases for them and started to upgrade this one: http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/  however, there seems to be an issue with it that I would want to correct as I did try to upgrade it and it failed so I restored it completely from backup files. The issue is this:

When you click on an album (for example: 'Photo of the Day'  =  http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/index.php?cat=120  Then click on a sub folder within that album (for example: 'New Friends')  = http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=329 and then click on ANY PHOTO within any album or subfolder (for example: 'Multnomah Friends'  =  IT GOES TO A LOGIN SCREEN !!!!!!! = http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/login.php?force_login=1&referer=displayimage.php%3Falbum%3D329%26pid%3D1178#top_display_media  !!!!!!

Anytime you click on ANY image thumbnail  in ANY album to make it go from thumbnail to the larger image, it defaults to a login screen !!! 

IF I login using the correct login username and password,, it goes to the dreaded error page = http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=329&pid=1178&message_id=06ac51dd010855b3e639c48fff31ed92&message_icon=success#cpgMessageBlock  that displays the following:

englishTemplate error
Failed to find block 'login_to_comment' (#<!-- BEGIN login_to_comment -->(.*?)<!-- END login_to_comment -->#s) in :

<form method="post" name="post" action="db_input.php">
                <table align="center" width="{WIDTH}" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">
                        <tr>
                                        <td width="100%" class="tableh2_compact"><b>{ADD_YOUR_COMMENT}</b></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                <td colspan="1">
                        <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="hidden" name="msg_author" value="oldgoat" /></td>
<!-- BEGIN input_box_smilies -->
                                <td class="tableb_compact">
                                {COMMENT}
                                                                </td>
                                <td width="100%" class="tableb_compact">
                                <input type="text" class="textinput" id="message" name="msg_body" onselect="storeCaret_post(this);" onclick="storeCaret_post(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret_post(this);" maxlength="{MAX_COM_LENGTH}" style="width: 100%;" />
                                                                </td>
<!-- END input_box_smilies -->

<input type="hidden" name="event" value="comment" />
                                <input type="hidden" name="pid" value="{PIC_ID}" />
                                <input type="submit" class="comment_button" name="submit" value="{OK}" />
                                </td>
                                                        </tr>
                        </table>
                </td>
        </tr>
<!-- BEGIN smilies -->
        <tr>
                        {SMILIES}
                </td>
        </tr>
<!-- END smilies -->
                </table>
        </form>

From that point on, when you 'go back' and try to click ANY album or image ANYwhere in the gallery you will then get this error: 

englishTemplate error
Failed to find block 'view_log_files' (#<!-- BEGIN view_log_files -->(.*?)<!-- END view_log_files -->#s) in :

<h2>Admin Menu</h2>
                                            <ul>

<li><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></li>

<li><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                            <li><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                            <li><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END documentation -->
                                            </ul>

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me fix this so I can get this and my other galleries upgraded to the latest version asap as I am in a deadline to do this before the PHP 5.6 is discontinued on my server by my hosting provider as I must get these to work with the 7+ versions. Also, the latest version I downloaded from Coppermine website was 15x and mine are all 14x  so other than the templates may not work in 1.5 I should be able to smoothly go from 1.4 to 15 correct ??  I appreciate any and all help on this.

Note: I searched forums and web for hours for these errors and although I found some other similar errors I found none specifically for these two I am getting hence I could not find the way to correct them. Thanks again,,,

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need help fixing errors prior to upgrading !
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 06:07:05 am »

Never mind !  That issue has been resolved and I will mark this topic as such.  I did a complete backup of the gallery from a few days ago (prior to the attempted upgrade) and it has resolved the issues. Now to try again to upgrade to latest version this time hoping no errors,, I may be back !!  lol

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:47:33 am »

OK, I must assume that my theme 'winter_blue' is no longer supported in the cpg1.5x  ???  (i do not see it in the themes folder in the newest version I have downloaded) and due to this, in order for me to make it work I must do ALL the changes as explained here --->  https://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_upgrade_14x-15x.htm  ?????

The only customization I have made is the image at the top (http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/) but the colors match the home page of the website so I am worried I will wreck it by doing the changes on the themes upgrade page.  Can anyone shed some light on how hard this will be ??  Many thanks.

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:51:26 am »

OK, I have upgraded the gallery  from 1.4x to 1.5x as per the instructions. http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/  (still running Php 5.6)  so it did not break completely however, IF you click on any thumbnail to see the larger size image it goes to a login screen. (I see {MESSAGE_BLOCK} showing on right hand side under the search bar so I must assume there is some code somewhere that is incorrect ? )

Note: I did follow the detailed instructions here: https://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_upgrade_14x-15x.htm and uploaded the new style.css and other files as instructed there but the above issue still is present. ---> To reproduce, please click the thumnail here: http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=354 and it will take you to the login page:  http://www.oldalbatross.com/gallery/login.php?force_login=1&referer=displayimage.php%3Falbum%3D354%26pid%3D1233#top_display_media   !!!!

Please someone tell me how I can fix this as it seems to be my only problem at the moment !!!   (then I can upgrade to 1.6x to see if I can become php 7 compliant ! )

Many thanks !

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 07:20:35 am »

Just to add:   IF I actually login,,, I get this:

englishTemplate error
Failed to find block 'view_log_files' (#<!-- BEGIN view_log_files -->(.*?)<!-- END view_log_files -->#s) in :

<h2>Admin Menu</h2>
                                            <ul>

<li><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></li>
                                            <li><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></li>
                                            </ul>

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 08:11:09 am »

Winter Blue was not upgraded to work with 1.5.x so to get it to work would need some effort. More so as it would then need to be adjusted to operate with 1.6. Is there a similar theme that is alread update and will suit your needs?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 08:16:31 am »

Thanks so much Phil  :)   I did do the theme upgrade changes as recommended for 1.5 but like you say obviously it would require more so changing themes might be the best option here. I have not found one that is incl in the new version that I like  (i chose winter blue caz it matched the green of the websites home page etc,, but, I can probly customize one to work but,,,,,,,  my biggest problem now is with this template error, i can NOT login to admin to change themes at all :(  So, how can I change themes the way it is now ??  As it is, I can only see this no matter what:

englishTemplate error

<h2>Admin Menu</h2>
                                            <ul>

</ul>

I appreciate your help more than you can imagine !!!

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 08:25:26 am »

Oops, I meant I get THIS when i try to login:

englishTemplate error
Failed to find block 'login_to_comment' (#<!-- BEGIN login_to_comment -->(.*?)<!-- END login_to_comment -->#s) in :
        <form method="post" name="post" action="db_input.php">
                <table align="center" width="{WIDTH}" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">
                        <tr>
                                        <td width="100%" class="tableh2_compact"><b>{ADD_YOUR_COMMENT}</b></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                <td colspan="1">
                        <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="hidden" name="msg_author" value="oldgoat" /></td>
<!-- BEGIN input_box_smilies -->
                                {COMMENT}
                                                                </td>
                                <input type="text" class="textinput" id="message" name="msg_body" onselect="storeCaret_post(this);" onclick="storeCaret_post(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret_post(this);" maxlength="{MAX_COM_LENGTH}" style="width: 100%;" />
                                                                </td>
<!-- END input_box_smilies -->

<input type="hidden" name="event" value="comment" />
                                <input type="hidden" name="pid" value="{PIC_ID}" />
                                <input type="submit" class="comment_button" name="submit" value="{OK}" />
                                </td>
                                                        </tr>
                        </table>
                </td>
        </tr>
<!-- BEGIN smilies -->
        <tr>
                        {SMILIES}
                </td>
        </tr>
<!-- END smilies -->
                </table>
        </form>

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 08:59:02 am »

I managed to get in and changed the theme to curve (1.5 supported) and the template error is gone but,, when I click any thumbnail to go to intermediate / larger size,, it goes to a LOGIN prompt.  :(  At least this time when I login it DOES go to the intermediate / larger size but,  this is not right,,, presently this is the only issue,,,  any ideas ?

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 09:18:18 am »

FOUND IT !!!!!!   Something in the upgrade changed the config in USER SETTINGS !!!  it was set to users can see Thumbnails Only !!!  OMG !!!  I change to intermediate AND larger image and it is working now !!!   Now to see if I can get it up to version 1.6  and see what that breaks and if it will run on php 7 !!  I`m sure I`ll be back !! lol  Thanks for your help and patience.

(I hope all of this helps someone else someday because I have searched these forums for hours on all the above issues and never found a single answer for them anywhere. Some were resolved but the people never replied back to say exactly what they did to fix their problem, just said hey its fixed,,,,, ) 

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 09:36:45 am »

Many thanks for taking the time to explain how you fixed your problem.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

rat_tracks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 09:50:26 am »

Many welcomes Phil for bearing with me through all of this and offering your help, it`s the least I could do to provide as much info as I can esp after seeing so many here that do not,, despite seeing it stated a million times by admins to do so !!!  lol  See ya here again soon i`m sure  heh he ,,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.