Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: users and albums  (Read 3571 times)

mstrmitch

users and albums
« on: July 15, 2004, 10:16:51 am »

can a user create an album in a premade category by the admin and then upload files into that /category/album specifically. I just did a test with a user to create an album and it put it outside the categories into a new cat..is that cat/album viewable by everyone or just the creator user?

Mitch Palmer
Phoenix, AZ

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: users and albums
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:45:38 pm »

"regular" users can't create albums in categories outside of their own user gallery. Only the admin can create albums in "public" categories.

GauGau

mstrmitch

Re: users and albums
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 07:26:49 pm »

thank you for answering my question. I would think for the future that may be a good thing to implement. I have several categories that are specific, it would be good to have users create albums and upload their images into those new albums. That way its not up to the admin to create the plethora of albums needed for every user and the generic album isnt stocked with composite images from multiple users

Mitch Palmer
Phoenix, AZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.