Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: member galleries and categories  (Read 6178 times)

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: member galleries and categories
« on: July 15, 2004, 06:25:44 am »

Not sure if I can do this ...

I have users with their own galleries. Each user can add albums/images to their own gallery.
On the site I also have three categories -- what I want to do is to allow the users to specify a category an image belongs to when they add it to an album in their gallery. This way a visitor to the site can look through user galleries or choose to look at the images in available categories.

Is this possible? Thank you.

Taking another look if I could add my own sections like the Random Files and Last additions that the users could select then this would work well for me. For example -- in addition to a Random Files and Last additions there would be a Baseball Players and Football Players. Now the user when adding their image to an album in their gallery they could specify Baseball Players or Football Players and their image would show there as well as from their album.

Thanx for any feedback on this.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 12:51:01 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: member galleries and categories
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:44:15 pm »

Currently, pics can not be in two different categories/albums, but you could use this workaround: make your users who upload pics use the keyword field, e.g. enter "football" whenever the pic should belong to the "football" pseudo-category. Then just add links to your index page (use anycontent.php) that look like this: http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=football
The feature you're requesting is currently being tested in the development version of coppermine and will probably be in the next release.

GauGau

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 03:57:57 pm »

Currently, pics can not be in two different categories/albums, but you could use this workaround: make your users who upload pics use the keyword field, e.g. enter "football" whenever the pic should belong to the "football" pseudo-category. Then just add links to your index page (use anycontent.php) that look like this: http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=football
The feature you're requesting is currently being tested in the development version of coppermine and will probably be in the next release.

GauGau

Thanx --- I was just starting to write the work around for this but then stopped when I began looking at the way you do 'Last Uploads' 'Most Viewed' 'Top Rated' 'My Favorites' .  Not sure what these are but I do like them and wonder if that would be the better way to go since I have to develop this feature.
I like the http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=football trick and will give this a try. Not sure where the ref goes relative to the select of a category but I'll figure it out.
Any chance I could get an advance on the development code to save time? Thanx again for your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 04:19:39 pm »

you're free to check out the devel branch of the cvs at any time, but you have to understand that the devel code comes without support at all, so if you decide to use it, you're on your own. Get more information on cvs access here: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=89658

GauGau

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 05:09:32 pm »

Thanx I'll take a look at the code under development.

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 05:36:03 pm »

I found this mention:

Added category name to dropdown in upload.php (user contrib by the Burrek) - 17th February 2004, GauGau

I found this for 1.3.0 which I do have installed but our upload.php does not display a category dropdown. Is there another code thread I should download?

Thanx

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 06:17:03 pm »

refers to the "old" upload.php that only had single file uploads. The "newer" upload.php for multiple http uploads doesn't have the category field in the dropdown afaik.

GauGau

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 06:21:27 pm »

Thanx for the clarification.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 06:29:08 pm by bxs122 »

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 01:47:16 pm »

you're free to check out the devel branch of the cvs at any time, but you have to understand that the devel code comes without support at all, so if you decide to use it, you're on your own. Get more information on cvs access here: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=89658

GauGau

Don't mean to be a nudge -- found the source base and have a dumb CVS question (I am a ClearCase and SourceSafe guy) ... how do I get the latest for all sources without having to iterate every single file? Thanx.
I ask because as a developer I plan to add those features I need and want to submit the changes to you for include in later releases of Coppermine; of course on approval only:-)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 01:53:00 pm »

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 02:30:32 am »

Recommended reading: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=89658

GauGau

First exposure to CVS ... used WinCVS client, like the setup; reminds me of Rational's ClearCase.

Got the latest source tree installed but didn't find the feature. You stated 'The feature you're requesting is currently being tested in the development version of coppermine and will probably be in the next release' is it possible the feature hasn't been checked in?

If the feature isn't in or hasn't been developed let me know and I'll add it. Just need to know how to get rights for checkin. Thanx.

Thanx,
Brian

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 09:29:36 am »

This feature is in the devel version (although undocumented). Here's how you use it:
  • Edit some exiting pics, add a keyword to it like "test".
  • Create a new album
  • edit the properties of this particular album
  • in "Album Keyword (used for displaying images from other album into this album)", enter the keyword you specified, e.g. "test"
  • all pics that have the keyword "test" should turn up in your newly created album
@all: this feature only applies to the devel version of coppermine, not the version you have. It's not recommended to use the devel version unless you know what you're doing.

@bxs122: like I said earlier: there's no support for the devel version, you would have had to find out yourself, by close observation of the differences of the two versions...

GauGau

bxs122

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 12:48:59 pm »

This feature is in the devel version (although undocumented). Here's how you use it:
  • Edit some exiting pics, add a keyword to it like "test".
  • Create a new album
  • edit the properties of this particular album
  • in "Album Keyword (used for displaying images from other album into this album)", enter the keyword you specified, e.g. "test"
  • all pics that have the keyword "test" should turn up in your newly created album
@all: this feature only applies to the devel version of coppermine, not the version you have. It's not recommended to use the devel version unless you know what you're doing.

@bxs122: like I said earlier: there's no support for the devel version, you would have had to find out yourself, by close observation of the differences of the two versions...

GauGau

Thanx -- cool feature. Goes to show I should've read this before the weekend :-|
I ended up coding a new feature that is more specific to my sites needs. In the Add Image and Ediit Image I added a new drop down called 'Classification' where all albums in cat < FIRST_USER are considered public and of type Classification Album. When you add an image to your own gallery you also specify a classification type from the dropdown; your image can now be viewed from your gallery/album or at a higher level in a Classification Album. When a guest visits the site they can view from the first page those non-categorized public albums whose classification displays all the member gallery images of the same type. Works pretty good so I can't complain.

Thanx again for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.