Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 video files  (Read 8432 times)

Hanna.

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • webstar
MP4 video files
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:50:05 pm »

Hi all!

Pardon me, I searched for a solution for mp4 format uploads and the few threads I came across were incomplete. My question is pretty simple, and I bet there is a simple solution. However, I want to be sure.

I have tried to upload .mp4 format to my coppermine (I always have the latest versions) but they simply won't play in the "displayimage" area as I remember it did with some other video files that I handled back in the early 2000s (perhaps it was Quicktime or other) but anyhow, to keep the best quality I would definitely make it a priority to stay with .mp4 as the quality is amazing. My video files are not that big, at most 5Mb/each, and I have made sure that the server I got can take that.

I remember back in the day, it worked well, a player of some sort would pop up in the "displayimage" section (where normally the normal_ photos appear) and I could make my own thumbnail and name it the same as the video file was named.

So I guess my question is, how do I make this happen? How can I upload .mp4 files to my coppermine - that then recognized the .mp4 and adjusts a player for it, while the .jpg formats stay as is.

Thank you all!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: MP4 video files
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 07:17:25 pm »

You will need to set the player for .mp4 to HTML5 Video Tag. Easiest method to do this is to use the File Types Editor plugin. Setting its thumbnail to something custom is another matter. Let's get them playable first.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:25:37 pm by ron4mac »

Hanna.

• webstar
Re: Re: MP4 video files
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:37 pm »

You will need to set the player for .mp4 to HTML5 Video Tag. Easiest method to do this is to use the File Types Editor plugin. Setting its thumbnail to something custom is another matter. Let's get them playable first.

Gotcha. Added mp4 with its MIME type video/mp4 and the player for HTML5 Video Tag as you said. Looks great! https://kristindaily.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=505&pid=56062#top_display_media

Can I put the autoplay on false somehow, because the video plays automatically which is not always preferable.

Now the only thing, is the dimensions to its thumbnail says 0 x 0. Perhaps in the thumbplugin that goes with this in my coppermine (thumbplus) I can direct the different formats to display dimensions differently? Well it would probably make most sense to replace the dimensions to saying VIDEO FILE or something...

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:12:11 pm »

Can I put the autoplay on false somehow, because the video plays automatically which is not always preferable.

Config -> File settings -> Movie playback autostart

Hanna.

• webstar
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »

Config -> File settings -> Movie playback autostart

Thank you. Consider this solved.

andy-v72

• Coppermine newbie
    • Real-life Females  Superlative Сasual Dating
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 09:48:36 pm »

Your Coppermine gallery might need a plugin or extension to handle .mp4 files properly. Coppermine is great for images but sometimes needs a little extra for video playback. Check the Coppermine plugins repository for a video player plugin that supports .mp4 files. I had the same problem a while ago; the only way to solve it was by using a video editing platform.

andy-v72

• Coppermine newbie
    • Real-life Females  Superlative Сasual Dating
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 11:57:52 am »

Your Coppermine gallery might need a plugin or extension to handle .mp4 files properly. Coppermine is great for images but sometimes needs a little extra for video playback. Check the Coppermine plugins repository for a video player plugin that supports .mp4 files. I had the same problem a while ago; the only way to solve it was by using a video editing platform.

Well, after long searches, I came across this free movie maker called Movavi, and it's very nice; you should check it out. I figured out what and how to do everything in less than half an hour.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.