Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main page permissions  (Read 11235 times)

Fity

• Coppermine novice
Main page permissions
« on: July 25, 2018, 02:09:05 am »

I think I have a reasonable understanding of the permissions now, but for some reason there is one thing I can't solve.

I have CPG1.6 and VB4 bridged and have set the permissions in CPG to my liking as far as the categories and albums go.  However on the main page if I display any thumbnails by including "Random Images" or Latest album" etc, the permissions are not used.  Thumbnail images are displayed for users without permissions to view the image.  If they click on the thumbnail they will receive a "No permission" message, so I know that I have set the permission OK.

Are the main page thumbnails bound by the album permissions that the image resides in?  Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Main page permissions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:08:08 pm »

on the main page if I display any thumbnails by including "Random Images" or Latest album" etc, the permissions are not used

Does this just happen on the main page, or also when you're viewing the actual meta album (http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg15x/thumbnails.php?album=lastup)? Does it happen for all meta albums or just a few?

Fity

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 01:25:48 am »

It appears to occur only on the main page. I will carry out some more testing to confirm.

Currently our CPG1.6 is set up with around 20 images and 5 galleries as we are trying to configure CPG to our liking before migrating from CPG1.5.

Fity

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 02:19:25 am »

I just did a few tests and it appears to be a problem with any thumbnail displayed on the main page.  ie latest, random, catergory list, album list, etc.

When viewing the actual meta album ( ....thumbnails.php?album=lastup) the permissions work and this message appears as expected.

Error
You are not allowed to view any images.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 03:19:06 pm »

I wasn't able to reproduce that behavior in an unbridged gallery. Can you please explain more detailed how you restricted access to some pictures? I just installed a test gallery with 2 albums (one accessible for everybody including guests, one just for registered users). When I logout no pictures of the restricted album are displayed in the meta albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.