Support > cpg1.6 permissions

Default album permissions

(1/2) > >>

Fity:
We have a CPG1.6 installation that is bridged to VB4.

Is it possible for albums created by users to have the default "Album can be viewed by" setting to a specific user group rather then "Public"? Ideally remove the option would be good with the exception of VB4 admins.  As we are bridged most users have 2 or more user group permissions. 

I did find this post, however after the change it stopped allowing users from creating albums.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,72832.msg351205.html#msg351205

Fity:
Any suggestions to try?

ron4mac:
There is no simple way to accomplish what you are suggesting ... especially with users who are in multiple groups and different admins. What would the default user group be? Users will just need to remember to set the album properties after creation.

Fity:
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping remove the step for users and reduce admin maintenance.

Fity:
I was just thinking about your reply.  There is only 1 user group that will be allowed to upload images.  I can add Admins to the same user group also. Even though users and admins will have various other groups.  Does this change things?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version