Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with util.php translation when translating to brazilian portuguese  (Read 987 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Camiii

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6

Hi, everyone!

I updated my gallery to Coppermine 1.6 and it bothered me that there was no brazilian portuguese translation. I searched on this board and read Coppermine help on how to start translating it and I did it comparing the translation from Coppermine 1.5 and adding some news ones. The problem is even if I have the "block" util.php translated to brazilian portuguese, it doesn't translate on my gallery. I thought it could be that I had messed up the file at some point, so I checked bit by bit if the translation was working and it was. I even translated just the util.php lines and nothing changed.

Do you know what could be wrong? I tried to attach my translation file below, but couldn't so here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/d0qrn6
Logged

ron4mac

  • Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • *****
  • Country: us
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1731

I don't find anything wrong with the language file. Are you saying that you see brazilian-portuguese for everything but phrases for util*. ?
Link to gallery?
Logged

Camiii

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6

No, no. I see everything in brazilian portuguese but the util.php page. The title fot that page works and some other lines too, like the notices when you finished updating thumbnails and resized images, but the options on that page are all still in english.  :-\

The link to the gallery is www.stana-katic.com.br/galeria but I don't think you'll be able to see it...
Logged

ron4mac

  • Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • *****
  • Country: us
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1731

If you view the gallery with a different theme:  https://www.stana-katic.com.br/galeria/?theme=water_drop
you can see some misplaced statistics at the top of the page.
For me, viewing the site in english, the text there is in brazilian-portuguese. Perhaps that could be a hint to you why there is some other problem.
You may have a plugin or modified core file causing issues.
Logged

Camiii

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6

Oh, I see it. That was just a custom header file that was set on my configurations and that I hadn't removed from it. But I'm gonna try turning off all my plugins and see if the translation file works as expected on water_drop theme.
Logged

ron4mac

  • Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • *****
  • Country: us
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1731

I'm sorry for the confusion. It slipped my mind about changes made for admin tools.
Admin tools are now more like plugins. Individual language files (other than english) for each tool must be present in the tool specific folder.
See tools/del_orphans
Text values present in each tool .php file will need to be entered in a tool specific language file.
Logged

Camiii

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6

Oh, that was it! I'm gonna check those files and translate them. Thank you!!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.