Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine and IPB Help  (Read 18759 times)

chris53

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine and IPB Help
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:49:35 pm »

We have been using CPG1.5 bridged to IPB V3 for years, with a current Gallery containing in excess of 5000 images.

IPB V3 is now obsolete and unsupported, so much as we don't want to, we have to move to IPB V4. Try as we might, we cannot find a bridge to link CPG 1.5 to IPB 4, so it looks like we're going to have to switch to a IPB Gallery.

Rather than attempt to import our current images into IPB (not even sure that's possible) we're wondering if we could simply turn off our current bridge, and retain CPG 1.5 as a locked (to new image uploads), standalone, search and read-only photo archive, whilst directing any new images to a new IPB Gallery

I've read tales of doom and gloom elsewhere about files or users being deleted if we mess with bridge files, or switch bridging on or off, so any advice on how proceed safely would be much appreciated.

btw - if anyone has ever seen a IPB4 bridge, we'd love to hear about it!

Thanks.
Chris

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Coppermine and IPB Help
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:03:51 pm »

I have never used IPB. Problem is, it is a paid package making it hard for us to create a bridge. If IPB can allow the dev team a copy for development purposes then maybe one of the team can update the bridge.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

chris53

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:38:26 pm »

Hi Phill - thanks for the reply. Perhaps unsurprisingly, IPB are not particularly helpful when it comes to third party Galleries - they're busy selling their own version!

The last time we had this problem was several years ago, and we ended up paying a freelance developer in America around $25 for a updated bridge.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:56:00 pm »

I did try contacting IPB to request some information but have yet to recieve a reply. As far as I know, none of the Dev team have access to an IPB install so adjusting the bridge is going to be hard.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:34:03 am »

The IPB team have been in contact and have been very forthcoming. They are providing us with a copy of IPB for development use which I will make available to the dev team. Hopefully if any of the team have the time we will look at the possibility of upgrading the current bridge to work with IPS 4.

chris53

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 07:30:36 pm »

That's excellent news - many thanks for making the effort to contact IPS Phill, you've made more progress in days, than I have in weeks!

Fingers crossed that the Dev Team have time to take a look at updating the bridge.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 02:35:02 am »

I'm looking into a bridge for Invision Community V4. It might help to have a copy of what was done for V3. If you don't want to post it here and you can't PM me with it, let me know.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

chris53

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »

Thanks for doing that Phill - I wouldn't have found those in a month of Sundays.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 04:09:03 pm »

Thanks ... those will hopefully help with what's needed for v4 bridge.

In the time it is taking me to figure out how bridging is supposed to work, I've already created a plugin for Invision Community 4 that causes it to work with my tunnel method of user synchronization. I'll include it with an updated 'Tunnel' package. I'm working on the tunnel to get it to accommodate CPG installations that have been running bridged by automatically transferring users.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 01:55:43 pm »

I've modified a bridge file to work with Invision Community 4. Although I developed it using only CPG 1.6.x, I believe it should function with CPG 1.5.46.
Add the file (without .txt) to the bridge folder of your CPG installation. See Invision documentation regarding setting cookie paths.

I also added Invision Community 4 to the list of apps that can tunnel to CPG (CPG 1.6.x only).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 01:00:18 pm by ron4mac »

pols1337

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 03:23:20 am »

That's awesome news Ron4Mac. Thanks for updating the bridge.

Do you know if this will work on Invision Community 4.3 since they removed IP.Connect? 

Krys

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 11:11:45 pm »

Hello,

I think it should still work. I looked at the source, it seems to work with the cookies and direct SQL queries, I fail to see a call to an API.

Just a quick note, I don't know where this will be used, but:
Code: [Select]
$this->guestgroup = $this->use_post_based_groups ? $INFO['guest_group']: 3;I'm almost sure that '2' is the default guest group ID, '3' is the member group.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.