Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine integration with wordpress  (Read 19520 times)

FrA1l3

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • ACMSB
Coppermine integration with wordpress
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:29:20 am »

Hello,

I wanted to know if they foresee some kind of integration between the new version Coppermine and Wordpress.
So far I have tried to integrate it through iframes, but it is a fix and is not a real solution, but more now with the https are so controlled data sources.

Thank you very much for your work, it is awesome!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Coppermine integration with wordpress
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:28:43 pm »

It seems you're looking for a visual integration? Bridging does something different. When bridged, Coppermine uses the user database, login and logout functions of another application. What exactly are you looking for?

FrA1l3

• Translator
    • ACMSB
Re: Re: Coppermine integration with wordpress
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:37:58 am »

It seems you're looking for a visual integration? Bridging does something different. When bridged, Coppermine uses the user database, login and logout functions of another application. What exactly are you looking for?

Ah, forgiveness then, I did not understand the concept of bridging.
Exactly what it says, I want to visually integrate coppermine in wordpress, as if it were a plugin or as if it were one more page. Formerly coppermine was running inside an iframe and that was how I fixed it, but now security issues can not be done, and the tests I have done on mobile phone usability are not expected.

thank you in advance, best regards

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »

You may be interested in these themes that have been written for WP and CPG. I have tested some of the CPG themes and they are well written.

FrA1l3

• Translator
    • ACMSB
Re: Re: Coppermine integration with wordpress
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 01:49:54 pm »

You may be interested in these themes that have been written for WP and CPG. I have tested some of the CPG themes and they are well written.

Come on! I had searched the internet and had not found it.
Thank you very much for your reply.  I will try it, they look very good.

FrA1l3

• Translator
    • ACMSB
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:59:08 am »

I finally bought a WPG + CPG theme after my last message and after a few small tweaks, I have to say that the recommendation has been perfect.
It was just what I was looking for and it is perfect for what I wanted, thank you very much again!

AngelGrrrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 08:04:07 pm »

HELP!!! New and need help -- How to visually integrate Coppermine into new FREE WordPress theme. Trying to build new website with Coppermine new gallery, WordPress and Elementor. Is it possible to "visually integrate Coppermine" into new FREE WordPress theme(s)?
Please find this and help ... THANK YOU.
angel_grrrl@hotmail.com

AngelGrrrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 08:25:31 pm »

PS- I love the Coppermine-Gallery. Thank you :-) I had a clone script that came with Coppermine and my hosting company deleted my entire site a few months ago. They said to rebuild using WordPress and Elementor. I prefer Coppermine to their other galleries, and they have Coppermine in their plugins. So installed the new version a few days ago. Added many images and now wondering what to do to "visually integrate Coppermine" into my new FREE WordPress theme(s) options? I hope I am saying the correct terms for basically getting the new Coppermine-Gallery to show up as part of my website. Should I not try to use WordPress or Elementor or build my NEW SITE with them? I have found older articles from 2011 that detail what to do, but I am hoping there is an updated 2021 or newer than 2011 to make Coppermine the star of my new website. I am obviously not a developer or web expert. Thank You in advance. I will be happy to add FREE banner ads or help any way I can in return.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 01:24:33 am »

You can use some shortcodes in Wordpress to pull in content from your Coppermine gallery using the CPMFetch package (use version 2.0.1).

But I recommend you spend at least a few $$ to get a combo Wordpress/CPG package that supports CPMFetch shortcodes (example).

AngelGrrrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 02:09:05 am »

Oh, wow! Thank you. Will look into their CPG theme. The hosting co suggests I simply create a link to CPG. Any feedback? Also, do you know if the current CPG update allows videos, or just photos? Thank You Again!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 03:07:25 am »

Yes, you can include videos. Find other WP/CPG bundles here.

AngelGrrrl

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine integration with wordpress?
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 10:19:36 pm »

Hello again,
Kaci says her themes will not help integrate CPG to WP &/or Elementor and she is unaware of the possibility to integrate CPG into WP.
If I install Fetch 2.0.1 via your link, will CPG be part of my new site? That is my intention. To have full CPG functionality on each of my pages.
Is that what the hosting co means when they say to create a link from CPG to WP?
Maybe I am saying it wrong using the term 'integrate' - my intention is to have CPG within my WP site as an all-in-one complete website and probably have CPG as the main page.

AngelGrrrl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 07:32:50 am »

Hello,
Hosting co said cpm fetch will NOT be okay on shared servers. and it's not worth upgrading hosting.
is there a reason cpm and wp are not okay together?
why the big struggle to get cpm into wp?
which is why I asked if I should use another website builder, like xoops, instead of wp?
Also, cpm videos ... do they open full screen like YouTube, etc?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 12:47:01 pm »

I have no idea why they do not want cpmfetch on their servers. It is simply a script that gets an image from somewhere else in the same install. It puts no more load than calling an image from inside Wordpress.

For what you want, you may need to be a bit more detailed in exactly how you want to integrate Wordpress and Coppermine. You can connect the users, so log into one and you are logged into the other. You can use a theme for Wordpress and coppermine that look the same. You can include links to both in your menu structures so they appear as pages of the same site. You can fetch to call images from Coppermine into your Wordpress pages. Not sure what else you would want to do.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.