Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical error : Updating To 1.5.46  (Read 15046 times)

Texas-Hunter

• Coppermine newbie
Critical error : Updating To 1.5.46
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:48:22 am »

Good day,

All seemed good during the upgrade till after I ran the update.php. When I go to the home page I get "Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query" If I go to My Galleries I have no pictures, if I go to album lists the pictures are there. Any ideas?? I know I followed the instructions to a T.

Here is the site to see for yourself.. http://www.smoked-meat.com/gallery/index.php

Texas-Hunter

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Critical error : Updating To 1.5.46
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 01:55:24 am »

OK, Just noticed that this is an issue when you are logged in, anyone as a guest the site looks correct, so it is when anyone is logged in.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:17:49 pm »

Did you run update.php ?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Texas-Hunter

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Critical error : Updating To 1.5.46
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:35:06 am »

Did you run update.php ?

Good day,

All seemed good during the upgrade till after I ran the update.php. When I go to the home page I get "Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query" If I go to My Galleries I have no pictures, if I go to album lists the pictures are there. Any ideas?? I know I followed the instructions to a T.

Here is the site to see for yourself.. http://www.smoked-meat.com/gallery/index.php

Yep..., now I have pictures on the home page but still no pictures when I view My Gallery..

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:42:51 am »

Please enable debug mode with a tool like phpMyAdmin to get an extended error message: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/errors.htm#errors_debug_mode_manual

Texas-Hunter

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Critical error : Updating To 1.5.46
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »

Please enable debug mode with a tool like phpMyAdmin to get an extended error message: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/errors.htm#errors_debug_mode_manual

This is what it shows..

/include/init.inc.php

Notice line 194: Undefined index: log_retention

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 02:13:03 pm »

That's no database error. Actually, that's no error at all. Please do what you've done while this happened:
When I go to the home page I get "Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query"

This time, you'll get an extended error message.

Texas-Hunter

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 02:04:43 am »

There was an error while processing a database query"
If I go to My Galleries I have no pictures, if I go to album lists the pictures are there. Any ideas?? I know I followed the instructions to a T.

This was my issue in my first post of this thread..

Yep..., now I have pictures on the home page but still no pictures when I view My Gallery..

This was my follow up answer to the first question.. I still do not have any pictures in my gallery in the Admin mode.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 06:45:14 am »

So the critical error is gone?

Texas-Hunter

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 12:39:37 pm »

Yes, for some reason it went away after about 24 hrs. Not sure if it was the database that updated or what. The only two issues I have left are that the pictures are not showing in My Gallery when logged in as Admin, and the other is when I upload a picture via flash driven it uploads fine (see attachment 1) Then when I click on continue it logs me out and then I get this page. (see attachment 2)..

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 12:45:29 pm »

pictures are not showing in My Gallery when logged in as Admin

Please start a new thread for that issue.

when I upload a picture via flash driven it uploads fine (see attachment 1) Then when I click on continue it logs me out and then I get this page. (see attachment 2)..

Have a look at the address bar on both pictures. You need to decide if you want to access your gallery with or without www and set that URL accordingly in the Coppermine config. Additionally you should consider to redirect to the correct URL as described here: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm#integrating_subdomain_www
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.